• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

what would this rig be worth?

mr_fx

Oct 8, 2011
Kansas City
Yaesu ft-890 with 2 year old INRAD CW and SSB filters. works great, always on frequency, general TX mod, comes with USB CAT cable, manual, and service manuals, poster sized schematic, blah blah blah

so what would it be worth to the right person?

FX: Depends always how bad someone wants it....
However shopping around Universal Radio sold their last one for $499.00/7 yrs ago. w/Internal tuner...
Very Clean Hamfest price...$400-450...???
Remember YAESU FT-450AT's with DSP/TXCO's are selling for around $600...
So you be your own judge...
Great starter rig but early production runs are 20+ years old...
All the Best
BJ

Last edited:
I have two FT-890AT's. They seem to hold their value pretty good for used rigs. They usually sell from $400-$450. I plan to sell one of mine and $400 plus shipping is about the lowest I would go. They are tough radios and are very stable. While not really mobile rigs, they can be used mobile. (I've done it and it works fine) They are very nice for small space shack. Your radio as you have it set up with the filters, (mine don't have them and so far I've not really missed them) should be worth $450 or so. It really depends on how bad you want to get rid of the radio. (not to mention how much you have invested)
Good luck on your sale.
(you might wish you had not sold it if you do not have a spare!!)
trucker

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.