• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

What's A Good Antenna To Use

De_Wildfire

Jul 27, 2009
What's a good antenna to use on the 75 meter CB band? I need something to walk the dog and drop the maul. My Drake amp puts out like a walkie talkie. I can't get my signal to go around the world once to hear my own echo. I'm lucky to get across the pond.

Well, first, there is no such thing as a 75 meter 'CB' band. There is a 75 meter Ham band though.
What would be a good antenna to use at about 3.850 Khz? One that is resonant would be very nice. All kinds of shapes that sort of antenna can be made in, probably the biggest difference would be if it's vertical or horizontal. Most 75 meter antennas are going to be large/long, some thing between 65 feet and 130 feet, depending on that vertical/horizontal thing. That can be shortened by 'loading' that antenna, using coil(s) in it. But that 'shortening' has limits.
As far as hearing your own signal, an echo, good luck. Certainly not impossible under the right circumstances, but those circumstances are few and far between.
that help any?
- 'Doc

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.