• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

whats it worth?alinco dr 600

i have tested this for output into a dummy load and it indeed has out put .i do however think that the battery inside needs replacing or it just needs to be used for awhile to charge it .

reason i say that is when you first turn it on you have to hold in the function button(i think its that one)to get it to load up the front screen.once done as long as power is still applied there is no problem .

once you remove power and power up again you will have to hold a button in or you get a non functional screen.i talked to someone about that and they said its the battery inside .

that being said it may just need be powered on long enough to recharge that battery or replace it .

if your ok with that i can accept your offer .

contact me at "joe3857@aol.com" for pictures of the unit .and i can then answer any questions you might have .

it has its original hand mic with function controls on the mic .put alinco radio in the subject line when you contact me .

thanks

couple quick pics for ya

dsc00811x.jpg

Shot at 2010-09-13

dsc00810u.jpg

Shot at 2010-09-13

dsc00808p.jpg

Shot at 2010-09-13

dsc00809a.jpg

Shot at 2010-09-13

it was dusty in the pics ,but like i said its tested for output ,but not voice as i am not a ham.i have a police scanner, if you think i can monitor voice on it somewhere into a dummyload safely i can do that .i have not been pushing the sale because i wanted to make sure voice was working befor selling.

Probably here tomorrow

My only hope is that a new battery will fix the memory issue. This alone will cost $75.00 to remove the front head and install new memory battery. Honestly I probably would not have bought it know it needed a new memory battery,because of the cost.

Will let you know when it arrives.

Dale
N9SXI

i do not know where the memory battery is located .just some constant use could possibly charge the battery but i am just guessing .you got a 50/50 shot on that one .
this radio is now sold .

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    BLACKOUT HF
  • @ BJ radionut:
    I am beginning the packing process...XENIA bound Going "Lite": this year....2 items for sale...Rig #1 = FT-920/Gud to Ex condition/Hand Mike/pwr cord/manual (NO BOX) ... #2 = My 1 owner FT-950....EX condition...Original Shipping Double Box/Factory Manual/Never used hand mike...Booths 9107-9111...Ya'al come by say hello...
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Incoming Region Produces X3 Solar Flare
    May 15, 2024 @ 14:55 UTC
    Another major solar flare, but this time from an active region just beginning to turn into view off the east limb. It is possible that the group responsible is old AR 3654 from the previous rotation. The latest flare, an X2.99 event just peaked at 14:38 UTC (May 15). Stay tuned