• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Whats the DEAL????

Cat Driver

Feb 2, 2007
Lake of The Ozarks
Was watching the royce radios on ebay for a few months and they was always going dirt cheap. Bought a coupla nice bases for next to nothing also. In the last month or so they are going for almost new price (70's). Is CB comin back real strong or are these ebayers buying them an then trying to resell the same stuff right back on there.
Alot of stuff in the cb section seems to be bringing a lot more than I thought it would ever bring.
I hope it don't get back as bad as it was in the late 70's. I quit then because you couldn't talk a mile or so because of all the chatter that was on'em then.

Ronnie :D

davegrantsr said:
sheer lunacy.....whaddya wanna buy? i probably got 1 ;)

I'm cb'd out for now, got 1 in both trucks and a base at home and a base at the wifes shop in town.

Got more cb's in 2 months than I've owned all my life I think .LOL

I think it has to do with the operators of the old radios are passing away like my dad " Flatire " last year. I still have some of his old equipment most of it does not work it just sits on the shelf like a trophy. :beer

I just did an Ebay search for "Royce CB" and only saw one auction item going for anywhere near 50, and that was a, AM/SSB base. The other non-auction items priced at $50 and above are definitely posted by dreamers, I think.

I know where you're comin from cat driver. I bought several cb's (vintage) off of ebay a few months ago, and got what I thought were great deals. Now I see the same thing going for 2 or 3 times what I paid. I don't know what's going on, but those prices have gotten totally out of hand :!:

ssb radios always do better on Ebay , but after 6 years of Ebay , I've only seen prices go up like everything else in this life , I've seen shipping costs double, What you could get for for 30 dollars a few years ago your looking at 50 to 60 now , still are good deals compared to what you can buy today if the product works in the first place. I like Ebay and have had very good luck with it , but prices have sored just like at my local grocery stores and gas stations.

Mister Heat said:
Unit 194 said:
Vintage Tram radios can be very pricey on eBay also.

Gonna hijack the thread here I guess. What's a REASONABLE price for a Tram 201 ? Not perfect but not bad..Local has one and it's up for grabs..

In my opinion a reasonable price would be $75.00 to $100.00.

Switch Kit said:
ssb radios always do better on Ebay , but after 6 years of Ebay , I've only seen prices go up like everything else in this life , I've seen shipping costs double, What you could get for for 30 dollars a few years ago your looking at 50 to 60 now , still are good deals compared to what you can buy today if the product works in the first place. I like Ebay and have had very good luck with it , but prices have sored just like at my local grocery stores and gas stations.

Yep, prices have really seemed to soar in the last month or so. I guess word got out I was buying some radios. LOL

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.