• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

When should i plan my "DXpedition"?

loosecannon

Mar 9, 2006
Hi all,

I am planning on heading up to the mountains in the next week or two for a day of DXing, and was wondering if anyone could help me predict what days might be the better DX days.

I have never been very adept at interpreting sunspots and the like, so i would really appreciate some advice from those who are good at this.

thanks in advance!
LC

Uh .... the Sunspot Future Forecast is about as much as a crapshoot as a Weather Forecast is. Propagation has been good for the last month or so and should remain the same. That being said, conditions can change or better or worse at any time. I wouldn't try to make plans based on any SFF. Just go when the weather or other conditions are good for you and if propagation is good the day and days before you plan on leaving .... then they'll probably still be good for your trip. Good luck!

Hopefully when you are up there I may be able to finally talk to you on the air. I hear a few stations up there every evening on my base as it is. The conditions daily seem to be the same for the most part, it just seems to die out sooner or later at times from what I have been seeing.

Sounds more like sota than a dxpedition. Anyway as far as propagation goes, your best bet is to use voacap. Its as close as your gonna get to a propagation prediction. You can't predict it really, just guess.

Reactions: S&W357 and NZ8N

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.