• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Where o where can we buy good mic cords?

Rwb

tell the devil im gettin there as fast as i can,r
Jun 30, 2018
I bought a new mic cord off fleabay,new too says replacement for roadking 56 mics.my original frayed rotten cord is a full quarter inch diameter with big generous wire stays.this new cord is skinny n about 3/16" diameter.sure wont fit my stays or screw connector.
Got 2 more mics needing new cords.but i want a fit not a retro fit bogus cord. This is a very early rk 56 mic

I use the new skinny cords myself and I put a small piece of heet shrink wrap on the end where the little clamp secures the cord to the plug. if you got the proper cord it already has a fitted piece for the mic end of the cord. does your old cord have 4 wires or 6 wires inside it. I may still have some of the large cords for the rk56 but it has 4 wires in it.
on some I even use 2 pieces of heat shrink on them to build it up for size at the plug end.
most of the drivers wanted the skinny cord since it does not get stiff when it is very cold out.

Reactions: Rwb and Robb
Im waiting for a friend to look at some he has,if not id be interested.mine takes 4 wires.i kinda want to keep it original as its 1 of the very first rk 56 turner branded mics.its went many miles on my president grant then it outlived a galaxy 66v ,55hp,and working on my 99v.its staying in the house so cold dont matter,the old cord never seemed stiff in cold weather

Reactions: SIX-SHOOTER
Im waiting for a friend to look at some he has,if not id be interested.mine takes 4 wires.i kinda want to keep it original as its 1 of the very first rk 56 turner branded mics.its went many miles on my president grant then it outlived a galaxy 66v ,55hp,and working on my 99v.its staying in the house so cold dont matter,the old cord never seemed stiff in cold weather

These have 5 wires but work great.

SIX-SHOOTER

Reactions: Rwb
A short piece of the outer jacket from mini-8, or RG-8X coax will just slide over those skinny cords. The typical 4,5, or 6-pin plug's clamp should grip the outside of this shim and put a good grip on the cord inside it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rwb
This vendor has hard to find connectors like the AC/DC power connectors for the Sears Road Talker Base/Mobile radio. Bought from them in the past with good results.
yes he is gettin a call for a mic for my layfette telstat 150 and dc cord for my sears slantface ssb.

Reactions: Tallman

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.