• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Where to Buy Palomar Amps??

Palomar would not be my first choice at all. You can go here and check out some of their amps. Loading...

A messenger or Bulletproof is much better in quality and performance then Palomar. The only good Palomars are the real ones ( from the 80's that Palomar actuallu built) not the ones today with the palomar names stamped on them. The class AB blue face ones are good too.

I have been using a PALOMAR 250 YELLOW FACED AMP purchased from COPPER for the past eight years with NO problems at all, works as advertised!! "MR DOUG" OR " BONE HEAD" WAS INFORMED OF THAT A FEW DAYS AGO! Do not think copper still sells them but H & Y DOES!!!!!!!

Last edited:
That link will not load I guess. It's the ama site.

10-4 on the Palomar 250 Gold. If you like it thats great, you would be amazed what a better quality amp would do head to head againts that gold 250.

I hear ya about the better amps "9C1DRIVER" but I really dont use mine that much ( not suppose to you know) only to get out over the noise when I have to!!(y)

In that case you are probably fine then. KL and palomar are light duty use bargain priced amplifiers. If you hammer down or want quality SSB performance and sound you will have to step up alittle more. I am trying a Bulletproof 250 right now and another local has the 350. I am very impressed. I love the variable SSB delay pot on the back.

i have been reading good things about the bullet proof amps on several forums . some messenger amps seem to be great values for good cb quality also .

I have been using a PALOMAR 250 YELLOW FACED AMP purchased from COPPER for the past eight years with NO problems at all, works as advertised!! "MR DOUG" OR " BONE HEAD" WAS INFORMED OF THAT A FEW DAYS AGO! Do not think copper still sells them but H & Y DOES!!!!!!!

Whats the deal, if you type palamar in the search, they come up under:

Home > MEMBERS > TRANSMITTERS > MOBILE > PALOMAR

but if I go to

Home > MEMBERS > TRANSMITTERS > MOBILE

and click on palomar, it says "NO ITEMS FOUND" :confused:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.