• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

which 2m 440 antenna should I buy for web use?

mr_fx

Oct 8, 2011
Kansas City
which 2m 440 antenna should I buy for qth use?

I considering buying a high gain 2m 440 vertical for repeated work... mostly I want something that works both bands and is Cheap

Last edited:

How, or on what do you plan to use this antenna, HT, mobile, or fixed? For an HT, you can count on any sort of 'gain' antenna being very inconvenient, not easily carried around. Most of that 'gain' thingy is advertisement for an HT's antenna. Or what is it being compared to to have any 'gain', you know?
There are several mobile antennas that can provide gain. Most of them are some sort of vertical array type thingy, and fairly long/tall. Or at least more than about 30 something inches long.
A fixed/base antenna? Good grief, there's a bunch of them! Pick the one that 'grabs' you.
I have preferences as to brand, 'size', etc, in all three of those categories. They aren't the 'best', or have the highest gain, but they work just fine in my particular circumstances. I've used quite a few over the years with higher advertised gain but seem to come back to the ones I have now, for several different reasons. Most of those reasons have to do with 'size', some sizes are just not so practical in certain instances.
Good luck.
- 'Doc

"For QTH use"?

Your QTH is your location. Wherever you're operating from is your QTH: in your car, in the woods, on the lake ...

If you're looking for an antenna for your fixed station at home, then there are lots of choices. You refer to a "high gain" vertical for 2M/70cm - don't believe the antenna advertising to determine antenna gain.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.