• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Which mic is better ?

itsonlysir

Feb 5, 2009
i know there is alot bettter mics out there , but i am wondering between the ( highgear M75 power mic ) or the ( astatic 636L ) ...

i have both mics , and trying to decide witch mic to use for my base station . and witch for my Mobil 29 ltd classic , both are barefoot systems , no extra power .....

what you guys think ?????

Noise-cancelling Astatic 575 for the mobil - if you can find one. A Road-King/Turner would also be preferred for mobil appkications.
A D104 handheld for the base setup is both inexpensive and excellent; can't do a whole lot better than that.

thanks the advice , but i know there are better mics . but im just asking witch of the two that i have already is better for ether set up...

probley not much difference between the two but what do i know . :D

Do the base and mobile radios have the same mic wiring configuration? If so, try both of them in the mobile first. Whichever one gives you the least amount of background noise leave in the mobile and put the other one on the base since it will be the quieter enviornment of the two.

hi gear makes an excellent none amplifiedd noise counsling mic that has a richer tone then the 636 called an HG M84W works great on am & ssb on galaxy style radios that already have a lot of audio.

i know there is alot bettter mics out there , but i am wondering between the ( highgear M75 power mic ) or the ( astatic 636L ) ...

i have both mics , and trying to decide witch mic to use for my base station . and witch for my Mobil 29 ltd classic , both are barefoot systems , no extra power .....

what you guys think ?????
well these are 2 very different mics
id use the 636lin mobile to reduce background noise.and the other
mic use as a base mic being ya said its amplyfied

Tell ya what, I know this is a old thread, but I just bought 2 of the Ranger SRA 198 Noise Canceling Mic's, and these things are without a doubt the Best sounding Mic's I have had, that I can remember...

The first batch of SRA 198's that came out back in the Spring were crap. They were too bassy sounding and made you sound muffled up. So Ranger went in after complaints, and added a resister and Cap to the back of the PTT switch where the Mic Element is wired, and now the 2nd Generation version is just too good to be true sounding!

And, they went down on the price! I payed $39 each for the ones I just bought, and I think my first one back in the Spring was closer to $50 from the same shop.

If your thinking of getting a New NC Mic and like the RK 56 or Astatic 636L's, then you really need to give one of these a try. I still can't get over how good these things sound. Specially if you compare the 2nd Generation version to the first batch that Ranger put on the market.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.