• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Which Of The 1 - 14 FRS Channels Do You Use

are you kidding? maybe if you go to disneyland. it's such short range, i rarely hear anyone on there...

Years ago I used channel 8 with my MURS/FRS crossband repeater. I also used it for simplex operation. I can't remember my reasoning for picking that channel, though.

I haven't used FRS in quite some time.

-

are you kidding? maybe if you go to disneyland. it's such short range, i rarely hear anyone on there...

I'll have to stream an FRS scan for the forum sometime from my house...it's ridiculous.

OK, I should say that I've only scanned with FRS radios, usually inside. I'm sure a rooftop antenna and a good receiver would expose more.

I can imagine a lot of greasy kid stuff...

I rarely use it, it is usually dead, although when I have it on <rarely>, it is on channel 1. It is so short range..try MURS and you will notice a difference.....

DOCTOR/795

I'll have to stream an FRS scan for the forum sometime from my house...it's ridiculous.

I second that, try climbing up on top of a cell tower and tell me nobody is on FRS, in a typical suburban neighboorhood expect annoying and disrespectful little kids to be on just about every channel

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.