• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Which Of The 1 - 14 FRS Channels Do You Use

are you kidding? maybe if you go to disneyland. it's such short range, i rarely hear anyone on there...

Years ago I used channel 8 with my MURS/FRS crossband repeater. I also used it for simplex operation. I can't remember my reasoning for picking that channel, though.

I haven't used FRS in quite some time.

-

are you kidding? maybe if you go to disneyland. it's such short range, i rarely hear anyone on there...

I'll have to stream an FRS scan for the forum sometime from my house...it's ridiculous.

OK, I should say that I've only scanned with FRS radios, usually inside. I'm sure a rooftop antenna and a good receiver would expose more.

I can imagine a lot of greasy kid stuff...

I rarely use it, it is usually dead, although when I have it on <rarely>, it is on channel 1. It is so short range..try MURS and you will notice a difference.....

DOCTOR/795

I'll have to stream an FRS scan for the forum sometime from my house...it's ridiculous.

I second that, try climbing up on top of a cell tower and tell me nobody is on FRS, in a typical suburban neighboorhood expect annoying and disrespectful little kids to be on just about every channel

dxChat
Help Users
  • @ BJ radionut:
    BLACKOUT HF
  • @ BJ radionut:
    I am beginning the packing process...XENIA bound Going "Lite": this year....2 items for sale...Rig #1 = FT-920/Gud to Ex condition/Hand Mike/pwr cord/manual (NO BOX) ... #2 = My 1 owner FT-950....EX condition...Original Shipping Double Box/Factory Manual/Never used hand mike...Booths 9107-9111...Ya'al come by say hello...
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Incoming Region Produces X3 Solar Flare
    May 15, 2024 @ 14:55 UTC
    Another major solar flare, but this time from an active region just beginning to turn into view off the east limb. It is possible that the group responsible is old AR 3654 from the previous rotation. The latest flare, an X2.99 event just peaked at 14:38 UTC (May 15). Stay tuned
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Everything is El Dead-o. Joy!