• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

which one?

BammBamm

Instigators ...173 on the southside.
May 24, 2010
Steger,Illinois
I am setting up a radio for my wives car and was given this for a list of must haves....

40 over and 40 under normal cb channels
AM-SSB
Stability on SSB
Frequency counter

I thought of a 257hp or a 2950dx but was told it's more radio than needed as it has way more channels. I thought of moving my 257hp to her car and getting a Optima MK3 for myself until she said no to a 257hp. She liked the looks of my old 959 but it has drift issues. After going on vacation and playing with my radio she now wants her own. We have agreed on a Sirio 5000 antenna hard mounted.

I think pretty much every radio will have too many channels if she needs the full 40 above and below. give her your 257 and set 3 presets for her favorite channel in the 40 below, the cb band, and the 40 above. she'll never even notice the other bands because she won't have to skip through the bands. select the preset and then use the knob.

Sorry but after cbradiomagazines review on the 158edx I wasn't impressed. I \ she decided on a galaxy 979 with a added frequency counter and a les comm board from Bells cb and a kl203p from copper and a new Sirio 5000 mag mount. She has been playing with my old 148 and is getting the bug.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.