• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

who got skunk this hunting season ?

rfoverlord

guardian of freedom
Jun 1, 2005
daegaba system
Hunting here in Wisconsin is usually good, this year it F&%kin suck! Bow and gun tags not filled and today was the last day of the bow season. I saw more bears and sh*t loads of wolves on deer cams this year than i ever have. Found lots of carcasses in the woods and swaps this year too. Even the poachers had a bad year. Every morning found wolf tracks around my bow stands.:(:angry::thumbdown: DNR says it's the hunters fualt for the low havest counts, because hunters didn't spend enough time in the woods. I guess 12 hours a day out of 10 hrs of legal hunting time wasn't enough. 2 full weeks in sept., 2 full weeks oct., 3 full weeks in nov. 1 1/2 weeks in dec. no deer that were legally harvestestable. Now DNR is saying that there are too many predators in the north woods.:censored:

I'd shoot the wolf. They say everything tastes like chicken !:D No, I got a doe first of rifle season. Almost had one in bow season but they wouldn't step out for a clean shot. Right now Flintlock is in and I think I'll go some this week .

Opening day of rifle here in Mi is my b-day. I have NOT shot a damn thing in 20yrs on opening day :( I always seem to get em during second week of season since it only lasts 2 full weeks here. Bow is before an after with flintlock just after that. We could not bait this yr so I didn't see anything shootable during the whole rifle season :(

Who got skunked this season

Hello all,
Iam in the U.P. of Mi. and I own 480 acres of forest land,I havent Bagged a deer in 8 yrs
with a rifle or pistol,I shoot them with my camera now,I shot a spike and a 9 pointer on
opening day,Nov.15th and the rest of the rifle season 2 more bucks and 17 does,3 black bears, 2 wolves,7 coyotes and 2 Bald eagles all onmy own land Ive owned it going on 22 yrs
and NO One kills on my land its a SAFE area for all critters-I call Baiters- MASTER BAITERS
Iam always amazed how you get a ton of caggage 4 miles into a cedar swamp?? cabage
has not much nutrients for der but they love it.I have my land in 3 pieces ,where I live I
have 45 acres down the road I have another 360 acres of cedar swamp and the Rockriver
river flowing threw it(rainbow-brook trout stream) the other the other 75 acres is onlake
Superior where Ive been building a Hand Huwen Log Home for 5 yrs with my son,what a chore !Ive taken my share of deer,bear and only take pictures now allmy land is a Game
reserve-DONT EVEN ASK TO HUNT.Today 3f and 39 in of snow accumulation on ground.
Take Care allBest of the new yr to you and yours-73

Paul -K8PG CW LIVES-CW IS !!

Shot a real small buck the very last day (cant shoot mulie does this year)... Had a chance at a real nice one opening day but never saw it again... Never fails... But was driving around yesterday and saw a 130-140" mule deer right beside the road sunning... Late season is open till the 14th but dont have a permit. This year was a very low year like stated above... Saw a few real nice deer bow hunting but never could get close enough. Hunting mule deer are nice cuz they are so stupid you could pry was 15yds from them and kill one... But thats why you see very few big mule deer... Had way better seasons the past 2 yrs than this year... All we can hope for is it gets better!

plenty of rabbits over here in ireland you can shoot them all year round as they are considered a pest also foxes but i wouldnt eat one as for dear they are protected in ireland but people do hunt for tem at there own discretion

Skunked

With the prices for everything in todays economy it would not surprise me if people were out hunting long before the season started in any part of the country dont think they are worried about legality either!! 250 pounds of meat is 250 pounds of meat !

Last edited:
With the prices for everything in todays economy it would not surprise me if people were out hunting long before the season started in any part of the country dont think they are worried about legality either!! 250 pounds of meat is 250 pounds of meat !
Yup, now i know why people poach, a full freezer is a happy family;)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.