• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Who works on Texas Star amps?

This is what it should look like coming from Texas Star purchased new......
Sure appears that someone had their inexperienced hands inside after it originally left Texas Star facility.......

1698758115668.png

1698758533167.png

Be interesting to see what Galaxy / TS explanation for that hot mess is.....
Hope they step up. It isn't right to charge the amount of money those go for and provide the customer that shocking product.

This is what it should look like coming from Texas Star purchased new......
Sure appears that someone had their inexperienced hands inside after it originally left Texas Star facility.......

View attachment 66053

View attachment 66054
Sir, Thank you for providing those pictures. That helps a lot.
Now gentleman, this amplifier came to me brand new, I cut the unmolested tape on the box and removed the amp from the bag with unmolested tape, it hasn't been touched. I pulled the tin off and shot the photos, it's how it came from galaxy.
I'll see what their response is and will share with you what they say.

I'm the guy the gets the one in a million. I have a better chance at a lightning strike than ever winning a prize.

Sir, Thank you for providing those pictures. That helps a lot.
Now gentleman, this amplifier came to me brand new, I cut the unmolested tape on the box and removed the amp from the bag with unmolested tape, it hasn't been touched. I pulled the tin off and shot the photos, it's how it came from galaxy.
I'll see what their response is and will share with you what they say.

I'm the guy the gets the one in a million. I have a better chance at a lightning strike than ever winning a prize.
I totally believe you that that is what they SHIPPED you, fully sealed and represented as new. However that it was a fresh off the line box is where I disagree, and if that is the level of quality they are representing as a new and unmolested example of their craftsmanship, they would get that garbage back.
That's like buying a brand new car only to find out a tree fell on it and they fixed it but still sold as new. My two cents (valued at 1cent ).
I'll shut up now and zip my lip as I'm probably just aggravating the situation.
People are just damn uncaring and deceitful it seems more and more post pandemic. I hope they make it right with you.

Last edited:
Found this as well. Rooster doesn't like the exploding DEIs either - just a sidebar to the present discussion.

If John is still the Galaxy guy, I'm sure it won't be a problem. A shame you had to receive such poor workmanship on a new unit.
I have to go with a returned possibly not checked unit. That surely doesn't represent the work I've seen on the TS units in the past. That's worse than a Friday unit.

Well gentlemen, I got hosed on this one. They replied with an email to say that the photos I sent would be shown to the assembly guys and that the amp was tested before leaving their facility.

Soooo. I decided to disassemble the board to clean up the work and inspect it further before powering it up. It only got worse the further I got in. After removing the front board, there was a trace completely torn apart, a botch trace repair by the relay and the capacitor near the relay didn't even have a leg through or touching it solder pad. It's unbelievable.... I sent more photos and another email on Wednesday and the emails went cold... not a single response after that. Where the amp came from said I can't return it, warranty through galaxy only.....

I got hosed boys......
20231101_214822.jpg20231101_215347.jpg20231101_214724.jpg20231101_214739.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
Well gentlemen, I got hosed on this one. They replied with an email to say that the photos I sent would be shown to the assembly guys and that the amp was tested before leaving their facility.

Soooo. I decided to disassemble the board to clean up the work and inspect it further before powering it up. It only got worse the further I got in. After removing the front board, there was a trace completely torn apart, a botch trace repair by the relay and the capacitor near the relay didn't even have a leg through or touching it solder pad. It's unbelievable.... I sent more photos and another email on Wednesday and the emails went cold... not a single response after that. Where the amp came from said I can't return it, warranty through galaxy only.....

I got hosed boys......
View attachment 66118View attachment 66119View attachment 66120View attachment 66121
That's unbelievable yet unsurprising in a post pandemic world. No one cares once they got your money. Sorry to hear that response. Hopefully it can be usable.
ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif

Last edited:

I got hosed boys......
View attachment 66118View attachment 66119View attachment 66120View attachment 66121
Wow, it's just like MFJ, you have to fix it before you can use it.

• Sad
Reactions: lonestarbandit

I got hosed boys......

Holy shit! This is amazing! I talked right to the big wig at one time and we were on the phone for an hour. Seemed like a really nice guy and even spilled the beans on some new products in the works. I just can't remember his name! Getting old is not easy, folks. I would try to get on the phone with them and explain that you were sold a return, and tell them where you got it.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
That's sad to see.
It would seem after Ed passed that this whole operation has gone downhill.
At one time the TS 500 was a good out of the box amp for plug and play.
Compared to the pictures posted by Ranch 55 assembly quality has tanked.
Never before have I seen melted damaged work like that on a new amp.
Who answered your email?
Was it John?
Yes, I would make a call Monday and see if you can get John on the phone.
It ain't right.

Jeff

Reactions: lonestarbandit

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.