• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

wiring a Turner +350 microphone to a General mc-6

klj2497

Jan 19, 2017
Hello, Im trying to wire this Turner +350 mic to my General mc-6. I have The original mic so i took it apart and made a picture, of both of them to compare. The one on the right is the +350 mic. I wired it the way the turner +350 manual shows, to wire for electronic switching but that did not work. So, now im asking the forum. I found that on the original mic. it has a 5 wire cord there is two wires coming together at pin 3, of the 4 pin plug. a green and a blue. can anybody help,

Attachments

• IMG_3854.JPG
    IMG_3854.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 59

You only "need" 4 wires but a 5 wire will work. I hate using colors because mic cords can change. It is much better to go by the function of the wire.

1671368311102.png

Mic Pin function:
1 - TX
2 - RX
3 - Ground
4 - Mic Audio

The Turner +350 mic is wired for relay switching from the factory, so the switch needs to be re-wired for electronic switching. Also, your +350 wire colors don't match the stock Turner colors. The 4 wire cord on your +350 has White, Black, Red, and Green wires - No bare copper "shield" wrapped around the audio wire.

The photo of the +350 on the right, shows it to be wired for relay switching (factory default). With the colors:

White = Mic Audio
Black = Ground
Green = RX
Red = TX

The Switch has 2 rows of 3 contacts.

Left to Right:
top row = NC/ Green wire/ Red wire
Bottom row = White wire/ NC/ small Red wire

To modify it to work with the MC-6, you need to move the Green wire Left from the center contact to the unused outer contact in the same row and then solder an additional wire from where the Green wire was (center contact) to the Black wire (Ground).

The pins on the mic plug need to be:

1 = Red (TX)
2 = Green (RX)
3 = Black (Ground)
4 = White (Mic Audio)

Good Luck!

Somehow i ended up with 2 threads. the other tread has it all, but this one only has 2 posts. My apologies. look for the same title in general cb services discussion. Merry Christmas

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.