• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Wiring a Turner +350 microphone to a General mc-6

klj2497

Jan 19, 2017
Hello, Im trying to wire this Turner +350 mic to my General mc-6. I have The original mic so i took it apart and made a picture, of both of them to compare. The one on the right is the +350 mic. I wired it the way the turner +350 manual shows, to wire for electronic switching but that did not work. So, now im asking the forum. I found that on the original mic. it has a 5 wire cord there is two wires coming together at pin 3, of the 4 pin plug. a black and a blue. any help would be greatly appreciated. Happy Holidays

Attachments

• IMG_3854.JPG
    IMG_3854.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 6
Last edited:

Hello, Im having some success. I wired the +350 like the electric diagram i found in a photo on ebay of another +350 for sale. and i have a photo of that. So, It recieves as good as the stock mic. It transmits too, it sounds as good as or better than the stock mic. here are some more photos. Thanks for looking

Attachments

• IMG_3861 - Copy (2).JPG
    IMG_3861 - Copy (2).JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 6
  • s-l1600 (5).jpg
    s-l1600 (5).jpg
    375.4 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_3900 - Copy (2).JPG
    IMG_3900 - Copy (2).JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_3860.JPG
    IMG_3860.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_3901.JPG
    IMG_3901.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 5
Last edited:
I fixed it i had to jump a wire from the mic ground to the switch. Also ran a wire from the pin3 of the mic plug to the switch that grounds the rx or tx when they are switched. The electric diagram is how i wired the rest of the wires. Loud and clear the general mc6 oh yes! but Now it has developed feedback during tx. It keys up right at first then after a second or two it starts to feedback I can modulate with the feedback

Last edited:
I ordered a 47uh rf choke coil inductor. the wiring guide said it would stop the squeal. The turner mic wiring guide is helpful in figuring out the wires

Last edited:
I turned down the modulation adjustment inside the radio. from its normal position, 3/4 full, to 1/2 . It worked, no more squeal. Im still going to try the rf choke to see if it will give me more modulation without the squeal.

Something i left out, i soldered a small piece of wire from the switch case to the post between the rx and tx it has the wire that goes to pin #3 of the mic plug. I also copied the stock mic and soldered a wire from the mic element ground to the switch post that is the third from the side the red wires are soldered. also, the mic plug is 1 white 2 green 3 black and wire from switch 4 red.

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.