• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Wouxun "welcome" message

brownalan

Mar 12, 2011
I just got a Wouxun KG-UV2D and a KG-UV3D, both 2/70. I am using the software to program them with identical frequencies. However, when I add a 6 digit "welcome" screen message to the software, it uploads successfully to the UV2D, but not to the UV3D. All frequencies, pl tones, etc, upload identically to both radios.

The UV3D screen at powerup, when set to "welcome" message, reads

UV3D
PROGRM

If I change it to "full screen", at power up it appears that all the pixels on the screen flash (probably normal operation)

If I change it to "power" it flashes the voltage (probably normal operation).

I just can't figure out why the welcome message won't upload/update.

Anyone else experience this?

Same Problem Here

I'm having the same issue with my new KG-UV3D. It ignores any custom welcome message I try to program, although everything else seems to program OK. I've given up and selected the battery voltage option.

Write your file to the radio, close the Wouxun software, open the software, read from the radio, change the welcome message, then write it back to the radio. When I made my data file, I started from scratch instead of what was on the radio. I think this is the source of the problem. By writing it to the radio and reading it back, the problem is corrected.

Hat tips to Yoleen at Wouxun and Tom at PowerWerx for helping me figure it out.

Hope that helps,

Kyle

KG-UV3D

Also, for the gentleman with the UV2D and the UV3D, they may require different versions of the software. Powerwerx offers...
For the older radios:
http://www.powerwerx.com/download/KG-UV3D1.0.exe
For the newer radios:
http://www.powerwerx.com/download/SetupKGUV3D.exe

I would recommend verifying that you have the correct software version for each and then storing a separate data file for each radio, after you write it and then read it back. Be sure to close out the software and reopen it before you read the data back from the radio.

Kyle

I don't think there's any significant differences between the "2D" and "3D" programs. I know that the "3D" program works with the "2D" radio, no idea about the other way around.
- 'Doc

2D/3D - 1.0/2.10

I don't think there's any significant differences between the "2D" and "3D" programs. I know that the "3D" program works with the "2D" radio, no idea about the other way around.
- 'Doc

That's correct, but the version of the software IS significant (version 1.0 or 2.10)

Kyle

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.