• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Wow...I'm stoked.....

I wish I could Beetle, but I already purchased an antenna tuner that only has an SO-239 connection, so I'd have to convert the line to coax at some point.

We'll get it figured out one way or another.....

Then make How To Make A Homebrew 4:1 Balun by dxzone.comor purchase 4:1 High Power Current Balun from DX Engineeringa balun for the transition. Keep the coax run into the shack from the balun short (not over 12 to 15ft.) but I would keep the balun outside as to avert RF in the shack.

Wayne C.

Then make How To Make A Homebrew 4:1 Balun by dxzone.comor purchase 4:1 High Power Current Balun from DX Engineeringa balun for the transition. Keep the coax run into the shack from the balun short (not over 12 to 15ft.) but I would keep the balun outside as to avert RF in the shack.
Wayne C.

Problem with just randomly grabbing a 4:1 (or any other ratio besides 1:1) balun without first determining the actual impedance at the point you're inserting the balun: suppose the impedance is 300 ohms. The balun will transform it to 75 ohms (300:75 = 4:1). Now suppose the impedance is already 75 ohms - very possible. That same balun will transform it to less than 20 ohms.

This isn't saying it won't work; it just won't work as efficiently as it could.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.