• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

wow Imax 2000

CK and DB Agreed.
If the fan dipole is not built for 160/80/40 meters
Perhaps a 40/20/10 built out of 28g wire may be less than 11 lbs.

I know for a fact my 160/80/40 meter fan dipole built using 10g wire and pvc spreaders weighs a lot more than 11 lbs.

Mine was made of regular 14 gauge stranded wire and it was a lot less that 10 pounds. Besides we are we not talking about talking 10/11/12/15m anyway and nothing lower? Almost nobody uses an Imax 200 on 20m and nobody at all on 40/80/160m. If we are bestowing the virtues of the Imax on 10/11/12/15m lets compare it to an antenna for just those bands.

Reactions: DainBramage
If we are bestowing the virtues of the Imax on 10/11/12/15m lets compare it to an antenna for just those bands.

SURE as long as the antenna we are comparing it to is a VERTICAL and not a fan dipole.

Some how the discussion has went from the performance of the I2K to how much some 14g copper wire weighs:whistle:.

Well i have a 10 meter center fed dipole in my attic 40' and a 10 meter center fed dipole out side 20' up
Compard to my A99 that is 25'
The a99 receives and transmits far better

Goes to prove RF likes to go somewhere

That is true in many cases but usually at the cost of power loss and possible damage to the PA stages. Most of the amateur bands are harmonically related and chosen for that reason. So it is very possible to use one antenna for several bands.... but.... there is the matter of impedance matching and reflected power. Our local AM broadcast radio station happens to lay it's third harmonic right in the 80/75 meter band! Really low magnitude but it is there....

73 mechanic

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.