• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

WOW

For my purposes it will primarily be for 80m/40m so an 80m full wave is in the works. I wanted to do two wavelengths for a 160m full wave, but hanging it will be problematic due to the density of trees here. 80m regional is most important so lower won't hurt me that much. I'll be doing a delta horizontal due to the supports I have.

Trying to avoid the temptation of an amp, so far I've done well. The guys with the loops have a bigger signal on 75m than the dipole users it seems so if I can pick up a bit more from a loop vs my dipole, it would be useful.

All it takes is a spool of wire and a good arm with a fishing pole to get them in the trees ;-)
(y)(y)
Antennas are more fun(educational too!) and a heck of alot cheaper than an amp.

The Mystery antenna looks like it could work here at my house. I wonder how it compares to a Carolina Windom? I do favor 20 meters also so the Mystery antenna might be for me.

I'm sitting here thinking that I don't own any powerful CB amps anymore! Goodbye to the 16 pill, Goodbye to the Magna 900, Goodbye to all those alternators, brackets and belt routing problems. I even got rid of my Galaxy 99 monster radio. Now I just need a good HF radio, an Ameritron 800 watt amp, and a multiband antenna. I would like to get a tri-band beam for 80, 40, 20 meters. It's amazing how my outlook has changed since becoming a general class control operator. I can still insult people if I want to. I just use intelligent words so they don't know that they have been insulted. No not really. It's not as stuffy as
I thought, and i've really had to hone my conversational skills. I still have a hard time with some of the international accents, but i'm getting better. I would have never become a Ham if it wasn't for CB. One thing lead to another and here I am. I still have CB buddies. I still talk on my CB but i'm doing it with 4 watts and a good antenna. My interest in CB has probably dwindled because of no skip conditions but I have been able to still get my DX fix with Ham so that is allright with me. Sure I miss some of the old forums only because they were so outrageous, the kind of characters that were posting. It was crazy and never a dull moment. Unfortunetly it was also immature. Well anyway I'm in a better place now. Keep up the good work with the forum.
161,Just want to let you know that that 900 is still rockin.Thanx again.Hope your still happy with your tuner.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.