• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

WTB:Freq Counter Galaxy FC 347

the FC-393 may look the same on the outside but it is completely different on the inside.
gone are the easy jumpers to switch between different IF freqs.

its all SMT now and using 0402 parts.

It can be modified to work with a 7.8mhz IF but it is not easy and should not be your first attempt at working with SMT parts.
LC

the FC-393 may look the same on the outside but it is completely different on the inside.
gone are the easy jumpers to switch between different IF freqs.

its all SMT now and using 0402 parts.

It can be modified to work with a 7.8mhz IF but it is not easy and should not be your first attempt at working with SMT parts.
LC
That's good to know although I'll never go inside of it for mods. Thanks for the 101. I bought one a while back for the 797 but it's still in the box.

Big Mike,

What you're really looking for is one of those that's old enough to convert from the factory-default 10.695 MHz offset to the 7.8 MHz offset that's correct for your radio.

The only reason that feature existed to start was in the 90s and early 00s RCI built CB radios that used the 7.8 MHz IF. Those designs finally went away and only 10.695 radios have come from RCI for a while now. When a frequency display no longer needed this feature they started leaving it off. I do wish someone had come up with a chart showing which circuit-board versions were convertible, and showing the "Masonic lodge handshake" needed to do the conversion for each separate production version. The design of that display has been updated more times than I kept track the last 25-plus years. A map of all those revisions would be helpful. If it existed.

Reactions: tecnicoloco
I am looking for a Galaxy FC 347 or a Paradynamics freq counter to wire in to a Cobra 148 GTL
that will work on ssb?
Thanks Big Mike 357
Cooper Electronics notified me they have them back in stock, but the pictures are misleading so I would call them to see if it is a Ranger or a Galaxy. Here is a link so you can check it out in the pictures for yourself. I'm thinking about calling them tomorrow myself.

I just got done searching around for the Galaxy FC-347 and looks like they are out of stock everywhere. Glad I bought 2 when I bought my 2 979s radios new.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.