• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

WTB: Triple pole 12V coil relay

ExitThirteen

Grumpy and Cranky
Apr 18, 2008
Cornpatch of Iowa
Heya folks, long shot request here....

I'm looking for a triple pole relay with a 12V coil. I have an amplifier that is needing one. Currently it has two separate relays in it, one for TX/RX and the other to switch the bias voltage. I'd like to be able to condense down to one relay if possible.

Would prefer new, but used is OK if it's in good shape. Open or enclosed is fine. Will need a relay that has heavy duty contacts since it will be used in an amplifier.

Might anyone have one in their parts bin?

Let me know. Thanks!

~Cheers~

I did try one of those already, and I burned the contacts on it in short order, as the amplifier produces in excess of 500W. Unfortunately, no go. :( Will need something with contacts that can withstand higher current.

~Cheers~

Hey 13: Before you order something, give me the weekend to check my stock at the homestead. I may have something to fit your needs. How much space do you have for relays? I am sure I have some with Octal type bases (8 Pin) these can mount in 8 pin tube sockets or use external plug-in bases...I'll let you know what I may have next couple days if you can wait.
All the Best
Gary

Hiya Gary!

Yes, I can wait, I am in no rush at all. The current setup I am using works fine, no issues. I just wanted to make things a bit more efficient by condensing down from 2 relays to 1 relay. I have a fair bit of space to work with so that shouldn't be a problem.

I was able to locate some good Potter & Brumfield relays on Evilbay, but they are across the pond and would cost me about 30 bucks! Yikes. I'll pass for that kind of cash, I don't need one THAT bad. :LOL:

~Cheers~

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.