• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Wtb:Uniden grant lt and Uniden Madison

cakeman

Oct 23, 2008
Looking to buy a Uniden Grant lt and a Uniden Madison. Would like them to be in great shape. Near minty. Let ne know what you have, please include price and pic if pissibke. Thanks

Looking to buy a Uniden Grant lt and a Uniden Madison. Would like them to be in great shape. Near minty. Let ne know what you have, please include price and pic if pissibke. Thanks

Would you be interested in a uniden grant xl instead of the LT? I have a uniden grant xl that was refurbished by my tech.

This is what was done to the radio: Clarifier unlocked, 10khz up and down slider 10 turn pot, para dynamics frequency counter, variable power knob on back of radio so you can adjust dead key, turbo echo (dual echo located on the Rf gain knob) , the radio also has new voltage regulators, finals, and power transistors were re-greased as well, 5 pin mic jack has been changed to a 4 pin, the swr-cal control is located inside the radio now and that the swr bridge is fully functional and can be calibrated using the custom control located inside the radio towards the front, talkback on/off on cb/pa switch, extra channels located in hi/low & brt/dim switches, white s-meter led, upgraded the lead to 20 gauge pure copper from the coax connector to the board, peaked, tune and full alignment on rx and tx, and swing kit installed..

Would you be interested in a uniden grant xl instead of the LT? I have a uniden grant xl that was refurbished by my tech.

This is what was done to the radio: Clarifier unlocked, 10khz up and down slider 10 turn pot, para dynamics frequency counter, variable power knob on back of radio so you can adjust dead key, turbo echo (dual echo located on the Rf gain knob) , the radio also has new voltage regulators, finals, and power transistors were re-greased as well, 5 pin mic jack has been changed to a 4 pin, the swr-cal control is located inside the radio now and that the swr bridge is fully functional and can be calibrated using the custom control located inside the radio towards the front, talkback on/off on cb/pa switch, extra channels located in hi/low & brt/dim switches, white s-meter led, upgraded the lead to 20 gauge pure copper from the coax connector to the board, peaked, tune and full alignment on rx and tx, and swing kit installed..

Thanks Troubleshooter for the reply. Sounds like a nice radio you have there. I already have a couple of the grant xl radio's. I am really looking for a lt. I appreciate the offer.

Still looking for a Uniden Madison. If you have one in good condition, let me know. Got a very nice Grant lt with box from another forum member here. Thanks

Heys, love my Grant LT. I had it tuned up. Tech said he got me more receive. Now I have to set Rf gain at 11oclock position or its load static. My question is, is there a vr pot for Rf gain ??
Thanks guys.

First question is what did your "tech" do to the radio? If he did a proper receive alignment then you will have one of the best receiving radio's ever made. There are also some diode mods that actually lower the static or noise level so I doubt he did that. If you have too much static and can't go past 11:00 something is wrong or mistuned. There is no simple twist of a pot to fix this.

I just realized we are in the for sale section. You might start a new thread in the cb section asking this question rather then highjack this sale post.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.