• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

yaesu ft 950 reviews

KB3TQO

Mar 26, 2010
Chambersburg PA
still a new ham. ive always been iffy about reviews on commercial sites, all commercial posts ofcourse are great! i just wanna know what the real deal is.
seems to me like its a great radio for the money but i want your input before i pull out my credit card.:unsure:
thanks
chis
kb3tqo

Disclaimer: I do not own this radio and have not used one for an extended period of time.

I have played with it at my local HRO. It seems like a really nice radio, especially at the price point. The one guy that works at this store whose opinion I place some stock in told me that it's his favorite HF rig and he gets to play with all of them, all day long when there is nobody in the store. His criteria was RX capabilities (he felt it was a fantastic receiver, especially at that price point), TX audio quality, features, ease of use, and bang for the buck.

Just passing along a 3rd party opinion...

I have also heard great things about this rig and have the FT-450 (little brother radio) and it to is a fantastic radio.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.