• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Yaesu VX-8DR GPS interference

W3RCS

Dec 4, 2011
Can someone else with a VX-8DR, GPS module, and the CT-136 (on-body GPS adapter) tune up 147.320 and see if they are getting a strong interference that goes away when you unplug the CT-136/GPS?

My VX8-DR has an S9 signal on that frequency only when the GPS is connected. It goes away the instant I unplug the GPS and comes back almost immediately when it is plugged in. Its a shame too because a nearby repeater is on 147.315 and its near unusable because of the interference.

I ask because maybe there is a chance its something that can be solved with an antenna swap so if you don't have the interference, let me know what antenna you're using. I have not tried it on the stock antenna yet, but the signal is strongest on my Comet SMA-503 and only slightly less on my Diamond SRHF10.

I just tried your test using the stock antenna. I get the same interference you are describing on VFO A but not VFO B. See if you get any on VFO B, and if not, that may be the solution to your repeater problem.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.