• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Yagi separation question

mr_fx

Oct 8, 2011
Kansas City
Ok so I am revamping my VHF UHF stack. Currently it's a 2 el 6m Moxon, a (single) m2 432-9wl (432mhz, 28 element, 20 foot boom) and an old Cushcraft a144-11 (2m 11 element, 13ft long???)

The plan is to install a 2nd m2 432-9wl (which I have sitting in my garage... cost = $0 and some elbow grease) and phase it, and (most likely) purchase an M2 2m-12 (20 foot boom 12 element for sale locally for only $80

So my question is this... how much separation does the 144 yagi need from the 432 yagi array?

on another note:

as for the 6m moxon.... I will likely donate it to a local getting started in weak signal

and I plan to add 6m to my existing triband yagi (Wilson SY-33, the poor man's Mosley) using these plans and parts I took off an old Hi Gain TH-4 that was falling apart... http://static.dxengineering.com/pdf/hallas.pdf

what about putting the 144mhz yagi in between the two 432mhz yagis?

Stacking distance for the 432 yagis is only six feet making it a little close to put a large 2m yagi in the middle. It will work but the 432 MHz yagis will be affected much more than the 2m yagi. The big question is what polarity will be used. I am assuming horizontal for all antennas? I have used less than optimum distances when stacking antennas for different bands and the results were not that bad but that was with a tribander, a six element 6m yagi and an 11 element 2m yagi. If the OP is not a purist I would mount the 2m yagi in the exact middle of the 432 stack since that is where the antenna apertures just touch and where the effects would be minimal. Three feet at 432 MHz is 1.3 wavelengths so it is at least worth a shot.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.