• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
  • Click here to find out how to win free radios from Retevis!

Sams PhotoFacts Collection

I just put together the schematic of that Allied A-2530. Note: It looks like they came with Ch 11 Crystals. I think standard walkie talkie crystals will work on the other channels for transmit, but the receive crystal takes a 6 Mhz down from the fundamental. Example: 21.185MHz = Ch19. Unless you special ordered one, that would be a difficult crystal to find. Of course you can always use the tunable receive function in conjunction. That’s the beauty of many early CB’s.
View attachment 70301
Very nice. Thank You!

See if this will do.....
My enhanced service manual, including a separate redrawn schematic for the beloved SX-101 classic. Look at that face on page 1. She’s got the look….Robyn SX-101 Schematic.JPG

Attachments

• Robyn SX-101 service manual.pdf
    12.7 MB · Views: 4
Reactions: Tech5
20241022_015536.jpg
I came across this old gem and for the price I couldn't resist myself. It still needs a bit more cleaning, but it's already starting to look better than it did before I bought it home. Does anyone have the photo fact on this rig. Also what mic pairs well with this unit. Thanks in advance for all your help with my radio collection.

View attachment 70575
I came across this old gem and for the price I couldn't resist myself. It still needs a bit more cleaning, but it's already starting to look better than it did before I bought it home. Does anyone have the photo fact on this rig. Also what mic pairs well with this unit. Thanks in advance for all your help with my radio collection.
Note: A “partial restoration” may only last temporarily and inflict further damage, unless you first replace all the electrolytic caps. Microphone selection will mainly depend on your voice characteristics. With most base stations during that time period, lollipop D104 mics were generally a good choice. That 3 pin mic jack is easily replaced with a 4 pin. I would swap that out and wire it internally to except the 4 pin Cobra standard. That way you can test other mics lying around to find one that will work best for your voice.

Reactions: Bobster79
Note: A “partial restoration” may only last temporarily and inflict further damage, unless you first replace all the electrolytic caps. Microphone selection will mainly depend on your voice characteristics. With most base stations during that time period, lollipop D104 mics were generally a good choice. That 3 pin mic jack is easily replaced with a 4 pin. I would swap that out and wire it internally to except the 4 pin Cobra standard. That way you can test other mics lying around to find one that will work best for your voice.
I am going to recap it before I apply any voltage. I want to keep the smoke in per se. Thank you for the solid advice though.

Reactions: sunbulls

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    those boys in Louisiana going to be hard to live with...working those HI stations...my buddy Greg KK5SW/4 elements @35ft/350 watts...2 HI contacts today!!!! Arnold KE5JXC snagged one also!!!
    +1
  • @ Mark Malcomb:
    Hello BJ. Been a long time since I've been on. You doing well? Mark Malcomb
  • @ Naysayer:
    I’m