• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Sams PhotoFacts Collection

I don't see block diagrams for either model or crystal data info for the 19. I believe these files are incomplete, as SAMS usually had that included. Could you please verify this?

Thanks,

SL
The very early Sam’s never included a block diagram. Book 14 contains 14 radios, all with a limited number of pages.

The Comstat 19 uses the old HC6/u crystals. The transmit crystal operates on the operating frequency and the receive crystal operates at -455Kc from the fundamental. As an example, the transmit crystal for Ch 19 is 27.185Mhz and the receive crystal is 26.730Mhz. This is the same setup commonly used in early walkie talkies. In fact, the small HC25/u walkie crystals can be substituted by applying an adapter.

The Comstat 23B utilizes a crystal matrix system to achieve all 23 channels. The following link explains it best. As you can see, a large number the radios use that matrix. If you have a few off frequency channels, their chart will help point you to the culprit.

https://www.cbcintl.com/XTALS/AM 14950-23290-11275-11730.pdf

Reactions: SuperLid
This is my Lafayette Comstat 25B schematic that was redrawn for my archive and others that might be interested in restoring this classic. The original schematic that was posted previously needed clarification with a higher resolution and additional detail.
Lafayette Comstat 25B schematic.jpg

Reactions: USXDriver
This is my Lafayette Comstat 25B schematic that was redrawn for my archive and others that might be interested in restoring this classic. The original schematic that was posted previously needed clarification with a higher resolution and additional detail.
View attachment 69236
Awesome....I have 2 Lafayette Comstat 25B's...That will come in handy... Thanks Dan

Reactions: USXDriver
I have almost a complete set of Sams PhotoFacts for CB. If anyone needs info on a specific cb radio just like me know and I will see if I have that Volume. KEEP CB ALIVE
I am looking for a schematic, owners manual, and parts list for my cobra 87gtl. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I am looking for a schematic, owners manual, and parts list for my cobra 87gtl. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Go to this link:

On the left side of the page are two links, one which goes to the owner's manual, the other says schematic, but it's the schematic, block diagram, and at least part of the Bill Of Materials (AKA BOM, or parts list).

Go to this link:

On the left side of the page are two links, one which goes to the owner's manual, the other says schematic, but it's the schematic, block diagram, and at least part of the Bill Of Materials (AKA BOM, or parts list).
Thank you. If anyone has a complete (bom)or parts list that would be extremely helpful. I bought this base off eBay and want to restore. It has 2 burnt resistors near the final section that I can no longer read the color bands on them.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ flying turtle herder:
    Hello out there. F15 crustyrudder here with a tech question: im working on a BK1040 svcmstr. im trying to find the value of R98. ive downloaded scrams and not even found the R98. if someone could help me with this issue id appreciate it.
  • @ LinCB:
    New to the hobby here. Just hoping to fall into a new rabbit hole. Hi.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EDST (y)
  • dxBot:
    deathstalker has left the room.