• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
  • Click here to find out how to win free radios from Retevis!

Summer has arrived!!

Time for a reboot...

Right now the temp and humidity is...

20240821_181452.jpg

I'm ready for Fall and Winter weather,cooler temps also!!
Fall was always my favorite But winter is too hard on the old carcass. Dealing with 2 coal stoves and ashes. Along with transporting, filling & exchanging propane tanks. And let us not forget the wood stove heat in the garage to maintain snow removal equipment so we can deal with the White Poop. I have to finish my work here so I could head south for the winter. BuRRRRRRRRRR & GRRRRRRRRRRRR !

Time for a reboot...

Right now the temp and humidity is...

View attachment 69890
I can almost live with that 10% humidity, even at 110°+ when it's dry at least you can evaporate sweat and stay cool.
But that 100°+ with 90% humidity stuff will boil you alive and leave you in a melting blob on the sidewalk.

Jeff

I can almost live with that 10% humidity, even at 110°+ when it's dry at least you can evaporate sweat and stay cool.
But that 100°+ with 90% humidity stuff will boil you alive and leave you in a melting blob on the sidewalk.

Jeff
Just reminds me of the stuff us guys go thru to take care of our families and then we get complained about. Shame on us ! LOL

Reactions: AudioShockwav

Jeff
I understand. But the problem with 110 degrees is when you step out of the shade. You can feel the sun instantly burning your face, or anything else exposed. But you are correct, I would rather stand in the shade than to deal with the heat AND humidity.

73's

I have to look at the plus of Fall. I get to put another White Tail in my freezer. I made a big Crock pot of venison stew yesterday and I can eat that for 4 days. Been doing that off & on all summer. YuMMMMM. And not that many Dishes involved to wash. LOL

Seeing numbers like that temp and higher is why I moved out of the Valley of the Sunstroke and up to the mountains. The AC has a bit of trouble keeping up when it hits 124.
Brother, my electric bill is on steroids this time of year. That move you made was damn smart!! Unfortunately we don't have that option. It's always a bit of a struggle getting through the worst of it. The payoff for us are the cooler months, and even winter. With a few exceptions, our winters are great! 50 to 70 degree days for the most of it, then spring is nice as well. We just have to make it through a few months of hell.

Reactions: whiteastro
Brother, my electric bill is on steroids this time of year. That move you made was damn smart!! Unfortunately we don't have that option. It's always a bit of a struggle getting through the worst of it. The payoff for us are the cooler months, and even winter. With a few exceptions, our winters are great! 50 to 70 degree days for the most of it, then spring is nice as well. We just have to make it through a few months of hell.
I'm familiar with the problem. Dropped the electric bill by about 100 bucks a month with some solar panels.

Put them on the new house, too. Electric company pays me in the spring and fall.

Speaking of fall, hang on, it's just a few more weeks away.

people like to tell us desert dwellers "at least it's a dry heat!".

We tell them that so is opening an oven door.

I will say though that im saving money on hot water!

the pipes and the ground is so hot for so long that i haven't had to run the hot water in the shower all summer!
LC

Reactions: whiteastro
people like to tell us desert dwellers "at least it's a dry heat!".

We tell them that so is opening an oven door.

I will say though that im saving money on hot water!

the pipes and the ground is so hot for so long that i haven't had to run the hot water in the shower all summer!
LC

:ROFLMAO: you're right!! I tell people about not needing to turn on the hot water in the shower and they think I'm crazy. They just don't understand, and it's like this for 4 months of the year.

:ROFLMAO: you're right!! I tell people about not needing to turn on the hot water in the shower and they think I'm crazy. They just don't understand, and it's like this for 4 months of the year.
Like I said there is no Utopia.When I was stationed at Lackland AFB for basic training in Jan-March Texas had some crazy mix up weather but at least No Snow ! LOL

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.