• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
  • Click here to find out how to win free radios from Retevis!

Summer has arrived!!

Like I said there is no Utopia.When I was stationed at Lackland AFB for basic training in Jan-March Texas had some crazy mix up weather but at least No Snow ! LOL
Depends what part of Texas. Up here in the panhandle we get the intense summer heat with cold as hell snowy winters that roll off of the new mexico/colorado mountains. We have 2 seasons, hot as hell or cold as hell :ROFLMAO:

Yes weather can change really fast. We get enough snow where i am at,10 mile south of me they get less and 15 miles north of me I call it the snow belt or snow capital. But thankfully it isn't as bad as it was when I was growing up around here. Use to be snow mobiles was a hot ticket item around here and today you very seldom see them. I was about guaranteed to be standing in snow the Monday after Thanksgiving on deer stand freezing. Now we don't see snow ( a large amount ) until the end of December or beginning of January. But I wouldn't take that to the bank. Mother nature is fickle. LOL PS. We call that Cold as a Witches Tit

the pipes and the ground is so hot for so long that i haven't had to run the hot water in the shower all summer!
LC

So your post got me thinking about the cold water tap. You know it gets hot and I do as well. But how hot is it?
Well at my house tonight, it was 94.1 degrees Fahrenheit.

Cold water tap... :ROFLMAO:

20240822_214606.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
So your post got me thinking about the cold water tap. You know it gets hot and I do as well. But how hot is it?
Well at my house tonight, it was 94.1 degrees Fahrenheit.

Cold water tap... :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 69902

That is almost disgusting. My cold water runs around 52-53 degrees.........summer or winter. Then again it comes from 100 feet down in the well. Had to install temperature balancing taps in the shower to keep from getting scalded if the wife started the laundry while someone was in the shower.

LOL BrotherDXer! its nice that someone can relate!

Yeah CK we all have bottled water dispensers around here for cold drinking water.

The water in my area, in addition to being a nice temperature for a bath, happens to have a lot of minerals in it that make it taste terrible.

there is nothing wrong with it, it's safe as can be, just forces you to make a face when you try to drink some.

As Im sure BrotherDXer can attest, we make food choices based on the indoor temperature we're trying to achieve and maintain.

If im cranking the AC trying to get down to 75 degrees in the house, im damn sure not gonna be baking anything in between the hours of 9am and 9pm!
LC

There is no doubt about it hot is hot. I use to be under welding leathers & helmet in 95 degrees with with 90% humidity trying to make a buck to take care of my family so I'm no stranger to being a Sweat Hog. Or drinking cold beer. LOL

If im cranking the AC trying to get down to 75 degrees in the house, im damn sure not gonna be baking anything in between the hours of 9am and 9pm!
You got that right, we cook outside on the grill as much as we can. I know our AC must run non stop for several days at a time, I have the electric bill to prove it. We just broke our personal record last month with $480!!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.