• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
  • Click here to find out how to win free radios from Retevis!

Who else thinks they are blocking the skip with chemtrails or haarp?

Ah how I love a good conspiracy theory post!

I love to read about conspiracy theories, and i liken it to taking psychology in college.

There is a well known phenomenon that happens to a great number of psychology students once they get to a certain point in their learning.
At this point they all begin to "realize" that they have many of the mental conditions they are learning about. It takes time after that for them to come to an understanding about which conditions they might actually have versus all those they felt they had.

It is the same in the conspiracy theory realm. When you first start reading about all the possible schemes and plots and lies and purposeful disinformation, you start to think that the whole world is being led by devil worshiping narcissists who feed on human misery.

If you take enough time and actually try to learn about where these "theories" come from, you find out that while many are just old BS tales that are interesting enough to last over decades; there are actual lies and deceits being perpetrated by people in powerful positions that stand up to scrutiny.

HAARP is a great example of this. there are many theories about what HAARP is actually doing as opposed to what it's said to be doing, but no actual proof of said activities.
so most likely its all just a bunch of people who are not informed about the science involved.

HOWEVER!
if you go read the actual patent sheet for the HAARP project, you will see all kinds of possible implementations mentioned that go from large radio blackout areas to possible weather manipulation.

This is in the patent sheet, not the sales literature!
No self respecting scientist would put that stuff in their patent sheet if they knew that none of it was possible because they would be laughed out of the room by any peer review.

Is the military using HAARP for nefarious purposes?
i have no idea.
COULD it be possible that HAARP could be used for these types of things?
according to the inventor, the answer to that question is Yes!

As for the chemtrails thing, i think that one took on a life of it's own and exploded into a bunch of ideas that just don't make any sense. mostly because non-scientific people put their opinions out into the world stated as facts, and people now state those "facts" as proof that it's real.

HOWEVER!

cloud seeding is a real thing. there are planes that have systems on board to spew things out in order to conduct weather experiments, and other countries who are experiencing drought are actively trying these things as we speak.

One of the main things that has been sprayed out from planes is aluminum.

there are many examples of testing that has been done on mountain tops to measure the amount of aluminum deposited up there and it can be proven that there is more at the higher elevations that didn't occur naturally.

There is also a very interesting "documentary" called something like the glitter conspiracy where it is discovered that there is only one or two places making glitter and that they have a couple of very large clients who do not want it known that they are buying large amounts of glitter.

spraying metal particles around the sky can interrupt radar and this is a technique that has been used in the past.

Oh and the aliens?
I think we should be MUCH more interested in the fact that we have proven that real objects in our skies have defied our known laws of physics than whether or not little green men are piloting them.
LC

Ah how I love a good conspiracy theory post!

I love to read about conspiracy theories, and i liken it to taking psychology in college.

There is a well known phenomenon that happens to a great number of psychology students once they get to a certain point in their learning.
At this point they all begin to "realize" that they have many of the mental conditions they are learning about. It takes time after that for them to come to an understanding about which conditions they might actually have versus all those they felt they had.

It is the same in the conspiracy theory realm. When you first start reading about all the possible schemes and plots and lies and purposeful disinformation, you start to think that the whole world is being led by devil worshiping narcissists who feed on human misery.

If you take enough time and actually try to learn about where these "theories" come from, you find out that while many are just old BS tales that are interesting enough to last over decades; there are actual lies and deceits being perpetrated by people in powerful positions that stand up to scrutiny.

HAARP is a great example of this. there are many theories about what HAARP is actually doing as opposed to what it's said to be doing, but no actual proof of said activities.
so most likely its all just a bunch of people who are not informed about the science involved.

HOWEVER!
if you go read the actual patent sheet for the HAARP project, you will see all kinds of possible implementations mentioned that go from large radio blackout areas to possible weather manipulation.

This is in the patent sheet, not the sales literature!
No self respecting scientist would put that stuff in their patent sheet if they knew that none of it was possible because they would be laughed out of the room by any peer review.

Is the military using HAARP for nefarious purposes?
i have no idea.
COULD it be possible that HAARP could be used for these types of things?
according to the inventor, the answer to that question is Yes!

As for the chemtrails thing, i think that one took on a life of it's own and exploded into a bunch of ideas that just don't make any sense. mostly because non-scientific people put their opinions out into the world stated as facts, and people now state those "facts" as proof that it's real.

HOWEVER!

cloud seeding is a real thing. there are planes that have systems on board to spew things out in order to conduct weather experiments, and other countries who are experiencing drought are actively trying these things as we speak.

One of the main things that has been sprayed out from planes is aluminum.

there are many examples of testing that has been done on mountain tops to measure the amount of aluminum deposited up there and it can be proven that there is more at the higher elevations that didn't occur naturally.

There is also a very interesting "documentary" called something like the glitter conspiracy where it is discovered that there is only one or two places making glitter and that they have a couple of very large clients who do not want it known that they are buying large amounts of glitter.

spraying metal particles around the sky can interrupt radar and this is a technique that has been used in the past.

Oh and the aliens?
I think we should be MUCH more interested in the fact that we have proven that real objects in our skies have defied our known laws of physics than whether or not little green men are piloting them.
LC

Well said, sir!

Okay, so back to the real world, at least for a brief visit.

Here's University of Alaska professor Chris Fallen KL3WX on the roof of the Hotel Pennsylvania in midtown Manhattan. July of 2018, the Hackers On Planet Earth (HOPE) conference had a special-event ham station at one end of the 18th floor ballroom.

gg4ASj.jpg

Chris helped us with antenna setup on the roof. Still can't believe the management allowed us up onto the roof to string antennas. Great view, though.

OcfS50.jpg

7dKXNZ.jpg

He was a presenter at this con. Here it is on YouTube.

I'll let him lay it out.

We now resume your regularly scheduled fantasy world.

Oh, and about the changes in long-distance skip behavior. These folks say the F layer of the ionosphere ain't what it used to be. "It is found that the F2 layer height has decreased in recent years more rapidly than in the earlier years."

The lower it gets, the shorter the skip distances. Hmmm. And nobody wants to talk about the accelerated shrinking strength of the geomagnet. Sure seems like it could be connected.

https://link.springer.com/article/10.1134/S0016793224600322

Too bad the full article is behind a paywall.

Last edited:
Reactions: Crawdad
These folks say the F layer of the ionosphere ain't what it used to be. "It is found that the F2 layer height has decreased in recent years more rapidly than in the earlier years."

The lower it gets, the shorter the skip distances. Hmmm.
That's all well and good, but I had three of my longest 11 meter contacts ever this last spring. East to the Poland/Ukraine border, and West to Thailand and Western Australia (I'm in Western Canada). So I'm not convinced the F2 layer is dropping.
Is that something like the sky falling LOL!

The 10m Amateur band has been opening only occasionally for months, similar to 11m. However, the 20, 17, and 15m bands have been alive and well this summer, opening for worldwide DX almost daily. This indicates that the MUF (Maximum Usable Frequency) is not reaching the level to allow the 11m band to support skywave propagation on a regular basis. Same on 10m. If the F2 layer is lowering I can't tell it from here, I've made confirmed contacts as far as 10,000 mi. on 100w.

7 3

Screenshot (50).png

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.