• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

10 and 12 m exports

And that is just what is public knowledge. There are actually other frequencies around 27 Mhz that are allocated to Navy/Army/AF MARS. I would be happy to share, except it's against the rules. Many of the frequencies just outside the Amateur Bands on every band are allocated to the Military. Just because they're not published in a publicly accessible listing doesn't mean they don't exist.

Ed Zachery!

I know I'm going to be devil's advocate for a moment and wonder out loud what use the government or military would get from frequencies in the upper HF region. Of course this is the thinking that has led to the unauthorized "free band" mentality, but aside from that, I suppose that if those frequencies are allocated, then some use must be planned for them. Personally, I would not want to be the guy they find "free banding" on their allocations. :D For that reason and several more, my rigs are not capable of transmission outside the amateur allocations.

I know I'm going to be devil's advocate for a moment and wonder out loud what use the government or military would get from frequencies in the upper HF region. Of course this is the thinking that has led to the unauthorized "free band" mentality, but aside from that, I suppose that if those frequencies are allocated, then some use must be planned for them. Personally, I would not want to be the guy they find "free banding" on their allocations. :D For that reason and several more, my rigs are not capable of transmission outside the amateur allocations.

I'm with you on that one. I suspect that those 27.XXX frequency allocations go back a loooong way and have never been dropped. Why on God's green earth would the government use frequencies that they know are populated with freebanders in this day and age of high tech communications gear. It has been said that they don't use analog voice on those freqs. but rather a form of digital communications and that is why we never hear anything. I suspect the 11m government allocations have long been abandoned.Even before freebanding was wildly popular other nations had a legal CB service on those freqs. and when the bands was open there would be lots of interference.

Captain Kilowatt,
I don't know about yours, but the government we are blessed with never gives up anything once it has it!
I used to do something that Molecule does now, and a couple of those 27 Mhz frequencies was available for use at that time. I can also say from experience that when you are looking for a frequency with the 'right' propagation to some area, you'll try anything if it will work. Even after asking the 'freebanders' on those frequencies, I had to keep looking for a usable frequency, they wouldn't even think about yielding for traffic (and yes, they heard me). I'd feel very safe in betting that those frequencies are still available. Probably not usable, but available. I'm afraid I don't have much use for 'freebanders' using those so-called unallocated, 'no-use' frequencies. There were a few Navy guys who felt the same way, with reason.
- 'Doc

Does this Government allocation of frequencies apply to anything below 11m ?

T23

Captain Kilowatt,
I don't know about yours, but the government we are blessed with never gives up anything once it has it!
I used to do something that Molecule does now, and a couple of those 27 Mhz frequencies was available for use at that time. I can also say from experience that when you are looking for a frequency with the 'right' propagation to some area, you'll try anything if it will work. Even after asking the 'freebanders' on those frequencies, I had to keep looking for a usable frequency, they wouldn't even think about yielding for traffic (and yes, they heard me). I'd feel very safe in betting that those frequencies are still available. Probably not usable, but available. I'm afraid I don't have much use for 'freebanders' using those so-called unallocated, 'no-use' frequencies. There were a few Navy guys who felt the same way, with reason.
- 'Doc

I'm actually in agreement with you Doc. even if it appeared I stated something different. I'll use the excuse I'm on flu meds. This crap is a bitch. :cry: When I said I believe they are probably abandoned I didn't mean given up. I just meant that they are still on the books and valid but just not used any more. I remember my father working for a company that had 27.860 USB mode allocated to it as a business channel. Often it was useless due to all the freeband activity which was rather frustrating at times.

Does this Government allocation of frequencies apply to anything below 11m ?

T23

Define the limits of 11m. I assume you mean the regular CB channel 1 as being the lower limit, and the answer is YES. There are some allocations in the 26 MHz range as well. I remember hearing some studio-transmitter program links in the Midwest area as well as Florida using something around 26.820 in FM mode. They were old licenses that were grandfathered I believe. There were/are still some broadcast media allocations down there as well as some government allocations.

Maybe this answers a question or brings up new ones...

25670 to 26100 kHz:This is the 11-meter international broadcasting band. Reception is usually possible only in daytime during years of high sunspot activity.

26100 to 26965 kHz:This band is allocated to low-powered beacon and remote broadcast pickup stations operating in FM mode, as well as military and government users. This band is filled with pirate stations operating illegally modified CB equipment, with activity found near 26715, 26885 and 26915 kHz. Mode is usually AM, but some SSB is also heard.

26965 to 27405 kHz:This is the legal citizens band; the channel separation is 10 kHz, with few channels skipped for telemetry and remote control. AM and SSB are used in North America, while FM is authorized in Europe and most of the rest of the world. Channel 9, or 27065 kHz, is for emergency communications only, but it is however, usually being jammed. The CB band is incredibly congested, so many stations around the 27 MHz band use illegal amplifiers to get larger range, but therefore they jam the channel for miles.

27405 to 28000 kHz:This band is allocated to military and government users, but there are many pirate two-way stations that can also be found in this area, with the most active frequencies being 27495 and 27555 kHz. USB and AM are mainly used, but FM can also be heard. Listen for activity from early morning to late-afternoon during the summer months. In years of high sunspot activity, stations from around the world can be heard on this band day and night. In the USA, licensed civilian mobile stations can be found at 27430, 27450, 27470, and 27490 kHz, FM mode.

[FONT=tahoma,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]actually, there is a lot more "freebanding" on other than 27 MHz. the E.C. types do it on these freqs:[/FONT]

[FONT=tahoma,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]85 meter band[/FONT][FONT=tahoma,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]:[/FONT][FONT=tahoma,arial,helvetica,sans-serif] 3.450 – 3.495 MHz LSB. This Echo Charlie band’s calling channel is 3.475 LSB. The band is about 25 kHz either side of the call frequency, with occasional traffic from the UK, Germany, and Holland appearing. [/FONT]

[FONT=tahoma,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]45 meter band[/FONT][FONT=tahoma,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]:[/FONT][FONT=tahoma,arial,helvetica,sans-serif] 6.600 – 6.700 MHz LSB. This is an Echo Charlie range of frequencies with the calling frequency of 6.670 LSB. It’s a good band for European traffic. There are often lots of stations from the UK, Germany, France, the Netherlands, and Belgium.[/FONT]

[FONT=tahoma,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]22 meter band[/FONT][FONT=tahoma,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]:[/FONT][FONT=tahoma,arial,helvetica,sans-serif] "Channels" such as 12.105, 12.130, 12.160, and up to 12.256 MHz have been used, with any clear spots in between. [/FONT]

[FONT=tahoma,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]21 meter band[/FONT][FONT=tahoma,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]:[/FONT][FONT=tahoma,arial,helvetica,sans-serif] This band runs from 13.630 – 13.995 MHz, and modes are AM/USB. It has transcontinental traffic and is only used occasionally. 13.360 – 13.960 MHz is the main hobby pirate broadcasting range. There is also an international CB band where the calling frequency is 13.995 MHz. [/FONT]

[FONT=tahoma,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]i can assure you that if you freeband on 13.995 in the USA ,you WILL get "popped", i'm not going to go any further into that:whistle:[/FONT]

what is this allocated for? the radio spectrum i have showing US allocations does not show anything for it.

what is this allocated for? the radio spectrum i have showing US allocations does not show anything for it.

check out this link, it tells you what 13.995 mhz is used for. deffo not a frequency to be pirating on in the states unless your mobile and prepared to move often (which incidentally is the best way to pirate anywhere), as sitting still or homebase will almost deffo bring unwanted attention.

Freeband Radio Communications Information : Home

Not all of the frequencies allocated are for public consumption. Freebanding is a risky proposition and you might find that it's not the FCC that comes knocking on your door, but some other agency that isn't very happy with you.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.