• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

Awesome DX for me today from western NC!

Talked to Cape Town South Africa to a couple different people.

Then, the Marshall Islands came booming in, when I had my four element Yagi pointing Southeast. Marshall Islands is Southwest of me short path, so I don't know if it was long path or what. If it was shorth path, then it was back scatter on the back of my beam.

Next was a ground wave from my station here in NC to 1936 in NC. 132 miles as the crow flies according to google map. He was on an 7 element antenna, and said I was on the side of of his beam. He did not want to turn it because he thought he might lose me.

Talked to 2510 Honolulu Hawaii (my old hometown) right through CA stations clamoring at him all the way from TX. I was working late so missed most the DX but the new 3-500z box was putting in work! This weekend should be fun! Maybe I will finally make it to some of you.

Last edited:
Talked to 2510 Honolulu Hawaii (my old hometown) right through CA stations clamoring at him from TX. I was working late so missed most the DX but the new 3-500z box was putting in work!

Is it a two tube or one tube?

Eventually, I will own a good and clean tube amp, but for now I am upgrading antenna system which has been working out great.

Reactions: Rwb
1 tube. 2 x 3-500z was just too far out of my comfort zone price and potential bleed over as well I didnt want to run 220. But I'm impressed with the single.

Last edited:
Reactions: snippits75 and Rwb
i got to talk to southern ireland.lasted very short but was a good connect. then new jersy and new york,got phone call go unload truck. i dont mind that cause it provides $$$ to but radio goods

Here's more on the subject...

Solar storm alert: On December 1, Earth is bracing for a series of potent solar storms that stem from a powerful solar flare eruption. These storms, anticipated to strike on Friday, are projected to induce vibrant auroras while potentially causing disruptions in various communication networks like internet, radio signals, and GPS systems.

According to NOAA's forecast model, these impactful solar storms, stemming from a coronal mass ejection (CME), are anticipated to influence radio and satellite communication due to the resulting geomagnetic waves. Tamitha Skov, a space weather physicist, emphasised their potential impact on X (formerly Twitter), citing that although NOAA categorises these storms as G2 (moderate intensity), they might escalate to G3-class storms, significantly intense in nature.

A Direct Hit! The impressive #solarstorm launched in the Earth-strike zone has been modeled by NASA. The storm is predicted to hit Earth by midday December 1. Along with two earlier storms already en route means we have a 1,2,3-punch. If the magnetic field is oriented correctly,… pic.twitter.com/XLCAbmjXZ7 — Dr. Tamitha Skov (@TamithaSkov) November 29, 2023

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.