• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

@Brother DXer , I heard you calling about 5:00 my time. Conditions are horrible and one time it faded in, I heard you. I hope conditions pick up this weekend.

73 + 51
Yes, I had the same conditions I had last night, but a little earlier. I did have a quick qso with 830 in Delaware, then I thought I might get to make contact with you, but it faded pretty quick.

Another rainy day so spent some time in the radio room and DX was not good but heard some faint activity so thought I would try several of my radios for the heck of it. Got a comeback from a faint radio and the report wasn't good but I expected that with conditions the way they were. Didn't even try to find out where he was from. So I took a 3 hr nap. Better days are coming. ( I Hope )

Reactions: Rwb and Eldorado828
Another rainy day so spent some time in the radio room and DX was not good but heard some faint activity so thought I would try several of my radios for the heck of it. Got a comeback from a faint radio and the report wasn't good but I expected that with conditions the way they were. Didn't even try to find out where he was from. So I took a 3 hr nap. Better days are coming. ( I Hope )
Hey that 3 hour nap is enough to celebrate alone! I wish I could make enough time in a day just to sit down and relax for more than a couple minutes.

Dx on the commute home was extremely noisy, but still managed to make several east coast contacts. Delaware, North Carolina, Pennsylvania just to name a few. Every time I hear Delaware I listen for @Shadetree Mechanic but never catch him. I finished a qso with a N.C. station then heard him talking to @Brother DXer right after so that was cool.

Take what we can get boys, beggars can't be choosers!

Hey that 3 hour nap is enough to celebrate alone! I wish I could make enough time in a day just to sit down and relax for more than a couple minutes.

Dx on the commute home was extremely noisy, but still managed to make several east coast contacts. Delaware, North Carolina, Pennsylvania just to name a few. Every time I hear Delaware I listen for @Shadetree Mechanic but never catch him. I finished a qso with a N.C. station then heard him talking to @Brother DXer right after so that was cool.

Take what we can get boys, beggars can't be choosers!
LOL Believe me a 3 hour nap in the day is not my style, it comes with age and lousy weather. I'm so ready to get outside and kick some butt on my projects. Having patience is killing me ! LOL

Yeah turn the radio on and got hit the first line I cast out I got 605 up in Oregon in a mobile.
The conditions here in Missouri didn't really seem that good but I guess we're getting out there.
Sitting here watching some of the Preppers on YouTube, not sounding to positive.

Reactions: Rwb and whiteastro
BRO -
You are on CDT. We are on EST. So our times are the same. I'll go down to the shack at 10AM (our time) and start calling you on 36 and 37. i'll be on 'til noon, then it's "honey -do" time. If this is not a good time for you let mee know.

- J.J.
This works for me. I'll be on in the morning.

Every day in FL there is skip all day long.
There is skip all day long everyday here on the west coast of Canada too.
Right now we're right at the peak of the sunspot cycle, so there is skip all day every day pretty much everywhere, and it will be like that for another two or three years before the cycle starts to die out. Five years from now the band will be pretty dead except for a bit of seasonal E skip.

There will always be the odd day or two here and there where skip dies due to solar flares or whatever, but otherwise it's just a matter of how much skip and which direction it's going......

Agreed. On a good day I talk to my locals within a 50 mile radius on ssb with 20 watts and also skip 600 miles away. On a bad day I've had to run 180 watts just to be heard 30 miles away.
Where n nwa? Im about 30 miles northwest of joplin.we need to connect n sent rf out in the sky

Reactions: YardDog and Keto

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.