• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

Played with the 2950 in the car a bit on the ride home from work today here in western NY. Heard a couple weak stations on 38 LSB so I decided to throw out a CQ, and got a reply from Needle Bender in SC. Heard a couple other stations from around TN and the Carolinas as well. Mother Nature was definitely giving us some interesting conditions this afternoon.

Played with the 2950 in the car a bit on the ride home from work today here in western NY. Heard a couple weak stations on 38 LSB so I decided to throw out a CQ, and got a reply from Needle Bender in SC. Heard a couple other stations from around TN and the Carolinas as well. Mother Nature was definitely giving us some interesting conditions this afternoon.
Yeah that Needle Bender in South Carolina dominates the air waves here in N/E PA and he likes to talk also with his good sounding radio. Like he says God Bless you and your Family. Can't remember his #s at the present time.. LOL

Reactions: Eldorado828
737 I believe. I've heard him on the air a few times (I'm not on the air all that often) but was surprised I was able to get a callback with my low power mobile station.
Yeah your right on the number but he has a 0 at the beginning. And yes you did good if you were barefoot from where your at with big radios covering up small radios !

Reactions: Brother DXer
Yeah it's rough and tough but still somewhat doable. The conditions are crazy with dx coming from everywhere.

The tre-797 with kl-203 are up to bat and managed to score a couple qso's through the rough conditions. This 797 does the job but sure takes a little more work than I'm used to these days. The rf gain and tone control are a constant tuning with all the noise.
Screenshot_20230720_195230_Gallery.jpg

Yeah it's rough and tough but still somewhat doable. The conditions are crazy with dx coming from everywhere.

The tre-797 with kl-203 are up to bat and managed to score a couple qso's through the rough conditions. This 797 does the job but sure takes a little more work than I'm used to these days. The rf gain and tone control are a constant tuning with all the noise.
View attachment 64796
Nice Set up my Friend, isn't that tre-797 made by Ranger I believe?? Are they rock solid on SSB?? Just Curious......yeah conditions have been Crazy at times, definitely agree!!

73's

Reactions: Brother DXer
Nice Set up my Friend, isn't that tre-797 made by Ranger I believe?? Are they rock solid on SSB?? Just Curious......yeah conditions have been Crazy at times, definitely agree!!

73's
Thank you mi amigo, I've been playing musical chairs with radios and it was this one's turn, never had used it. It's essentially a galaxy 979 wrapped up differently. I honestly didn't have a lot of faith in it but it did make some contacts. It's completely stock so the clarifier has to be at about 10/11 o'clock but it stayed there all evening, didn't have to touch it so I'll call that stable. You have to put more work into working dx but it's a fun little radio paired with the 203.

Had a decent night of DX for a change. I started getting some stations coming in clear around 7 pm and within the hour, had a few qso's and three more quick contacts. It was a nice surprise, after the drought we've been having. :giggle:
Yessir, same here and still working. Best dx session in quite a long while!

Yessir, same here and still working. Best dx session in quite a long while!
I had a few things to take care of but I was back on the radio by 9 and oh boy, you're right. Conditions were still there! Made some more qso's with some nice guys, and some I haven't talked to in a long while. Yes Sir, a good night for sure.

Thank you mi amigo, I've been playing musical chairs with radios and it was this one's turn, never had used it. It's essentially a galaxy 979 wrapped up differently. I honestly didn't have a lot of faith in it but it did make some contacts. It's completely stock so the clarifier has to be at about 10/11 o'clock but it stayed there all evening, didn't have to touch it so I'll call that stable. You have to put more work into working dx but it's a fun little radio paired with the 203.
I laugh about you saying Musical Chairs with radios because that is my sickness also. And you mentioned the 979 radio which I have been playing with mine lately and I'm starting to think it is the closest radio I have on receive to my Cobra 2000 which I thought was my best receiver. Back to the play ground ! LOL

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.