• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

I made a few good contacts, before and after the game. But wow, this contest was squashing a lot of stations. And @Eldorado828 , not only were they on 35 through 40 but I even heard then on 41, 42, 43 checking in. They can't just pick one frequency? Or two? I'd give up a few, just so they could play their game.
They're everywhere.

The Needle Benders are a CB radio club, whiteastro. There are hundreds of them all over the world. They also use NB-### calls a lot.
I've never really understood the appeal of clubs seeing as there doesn't seem to be any real benefit to it..... I get to do all the same things I could already do without being a member of the club LOL!
I only joined one so I could get a searcheable callsign for freeband........
In 40+ years on 11 meters I've seen literally dozens of clubs come and go.....
Anybody else remember the Canadian Outlaws CB Club on 26.420 USB ? Good Times !

I had a nice QSO with 3234 in Winnipeg Canada this morning. He said they had 4 to 5 inches of snow on the ground. We were still in the 80's today. The World Radios and the Needle Benders pretty much made a mess of the morning.

Reactions: Rwb
I heard you in the pileup on 40 there 828 !! If not for all that Needle Bender silliness I would have been able to work you no problem. You definately made the trip to the West Coast Canadian wilderness !
I talked to a few Canadian stations and think I may have heard you calling but the airwaves were littered with needle benders, world radios. I'm on often so maybe we'll qso some time.
What's your call number?

Yeah it was pretty much needle bender chaos on every channel today. Also 40 is very noisy with Mexican AM'ers up here a lot of the time. I seem to have a perpetual radio pipeline to Mexico LOL!
Hope to make contact with you on another day soon !

Yeah it was pretty much needle bender chaos on every channel today. Also 40 is very noisy with Mexican AM'ers up here a lot of the time. I seem to have a perpetual radio pipeline to Mexico LOL!
Hope to make contact with you on another day soon !
I'm hispanic, born in Ks, raised in Tx, try to talk with the Mexican stations but we don't understand each other because I speak what we call in Texas "Spanglish". It's a mix of broken Spanish with English converted to sound Spanish :ROFLMAO:
Those attempted contacts get nowhere!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.