• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

That CQ Contest guy is part of the infamous Phoenix and Tempe Arizona contingent that are also responsible for the 1111111 guy and other nonsense on 38 and 425.

Some of those guys are also hams (believe it or not) and the CQ contest is a recording of one of them contesting on one of the ham bands. Someone else down there is playing it on 38 & 425 in an attempt to get that guy in trouble for operating as a ham on 11 meters.
Pathetic, I know !

and im not into contesting .not my cup o tea.
sunday i was freebanding talking to a guy in upstate ny n i got blasted for it cause this rambo n his boy scouts were going to contest where we were . we calmly replied no your not we are here first. we continued and we were stepping over him. we quit had things to do n contest ended or he just left cause radio was on all morning

Reactions: Keto and whiteastro
That CQ Contest guy is part of the infamous Phoenix and Tempe Arizona contingent that are also responsible for the 1111111 guy and other nonsense on 38 and 425.

Some of those guys are also hams (believe it or not) and the CQ contest is a recording of one of them contesting on one of the ham bands. Someone else down there is playing it on 38 & 425 in an attempt to get that guy in trouble for operating as a ham on 11 meters.
Pathetic, I know !
I would not consider them HAMS. There's another name for them that is more appropriate, we all know what it is so I won't go there.
Years ago I went to a Field Day and there was a gentleman there with his young son, about 12-13 or so. Evidently he was introducing his son to radio. There was a clown there that was talking about pinning coax and other what I would call unethical if not illegal behavior. That gentleman and his son, and a couple others of us left after that and I have never been back.
I keep my ticket, those types are mostly absent from the 2M - 70cm community thankfully, and seem to mostly stay on HF. I've heard some of it on the other HF bands as well, not just 11M.
These type of morons are the same ones no one wants to talk to on the HAM bands so they filter down to CB and freeband to show their ignorance.
It's always the few who seem to screw up things for the many...and not just in the radio world.

It's smoking on 28AM this morning.
Now that I solved the lack of AM audio punch on the Yaseu If I can hear em I can work em. The fun has returned. Even the big east coast brothers are coming back to me now. But other channels splattering like hell as was previously mentioned.
Couldn't get brain, camera and event all to align as the refresh rates too fast but it's far worse than this shows its the whole band. Wild.
20231115_090824.jpg20231115_094656.jpg

Last edited:
I avoid 38 Like I avoid the plague LOL! And I avoid 425 until the early evening hours when the U.S. mainland fades out and leaves just the Aussie's & Kiwi's on the channel. Seems like about 98% of all the goofs and idiots are on those two frequencies.......

Reactions: Rwb and whiteastro
And back on subject..... conditions actually got pretty good yesterday by late afternoon.
Made contact with Arizona and North Dakota from the mobile, and a bunch of contacts on the base including New York, Florida, Arizona, Iowa, Oklahoma, and several Aussie's right before it all faded out for the day.

Pathetic, I know !
The CQ contest guy is NOT in Phoenix I'm in Phoenix and I know.The original(not the 5 or 6 copycat) 1111111111111111 guy is in Phoenix however he hasn't been doing that for awhile now, but one or more of the fakes lock in the 111111111111 recording almost daily especially on 38lsb. Also the music, preaching man, and several other 38lsb jammers are also not located in Phoenix as can be found out by listening to the Phoenix SDR when their doing it. It is crazy though now how many copycat 111111111111111 stations there are doing that daily.

Multiple 111111 guys.... just what we don't need !

The thing that bugs me is there have always been idiots on 11 meters, but this cycle seems to be orders of magnitude worse than past cycles.
There just seems to be a huge number of adults on the radio acting like preschool aged children. Some days are so bad I just turn off the radio. And for some reason this seems to be almost exclusively an American thing.
Check out an SDR in Europe, or Asia, or South America and the folks chatting on the radio are acting like normal intelligent human beings having interesting conversations.
Check out any SDR in the U.S. and the frequencies are jammed with childlike behavior, political and religious rants, noise-makers, over powered and over modulated radios, 111111 guys, ego trips of every kind, and all kinds of other BS.

It's like I said in another thread, listening to channels like 385 and 425 is like having a front row seat for the collapse of American society !
And before someone tries to make this political, I hear plenty of crap from both left and right sides of the spectrum, so it's not about that.

Would love to hear your ideas & theories about why CB in the U.S. is such a gong show compared to the rest of the world............

Propagation was not the best today here in western NC.

Made my usual contacts in Europe, but everything was a weak copy or nothing at all coming out of the Middle East and North Africa.

Finally, I made contact with Tom out of the Canary Islands division 34. His signal was bouncing all over and fading out.

Would love to hear your ideas & theories about why CB in the U.S. is such a gong show compared to the rest of the world............
There is a guy on 27.425 that always goes off on #3 in Canada. Name calling, swearing,etc. He goes on & on. People tell him to shut up , go away & more.
Someone said, "What is the matter with this guy ??" I answered," He's mentally ill." That set the guy off on me, and kept on me until finally his rant was over. I keyed and said,"I guess you don't like hearing the truth, huh ??" He never keyed up again, and I haven't heard him since.
There are a lot of really screwed up people out there and CB radio is a way for them to ANONYMOUSLY vent their anger, frustrations, et al. The i-net is the same way. Just remember that what goes around comes around. Maybe we'll be lucky enough to see it come back on them.

Maybe there is just more people, so naturally more idiots?
The population as a whole has certainly increased, but there are way less people on the radio nowadays compared to back in the heyday of CB.....
There are a lot of really screwed up people out there and CB radio is a way for them to ANONYMOUSLY vent their anger, frustrations, et al. The i-net is the same way.
I think we have a winner folks ! I agree the internet is the same. It's the reason I'm not on Facebook or any other social media........

Telling you. Entitlement culture. No one wants to admit it. Just like the sickening hero worship of people that have screws loose. Instead of getting them help or the treatment they need, they reinforce to these batshit crazy people that they are the normal ones and it's all the other people that are crazy.
Put the loons on pedestals and tell them how special they are. It's a national epidemic. And it will not end well.
And yes, social media is also part of this insanity. I also got rid of all social media years ago.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.