• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

Was out in the garage this morning getting my 4 wheeler and chain saws ready for a day of work so listened to 40 lsb to get away from 38 lsb BS and some idiot on there kept saying those who talk on lsb are gay over & over again until conditions changed and he faded away. On the trip to cut wood I listened to 16 lsb and heard lots of traffic but just couldn't reach out to anyone. It still was nice to hear a active radio without a lot of static.

And back to 11 meter conditions....

A very good day here. I made quit a few contacts today. I just finished putting them in my excel spreadsheet, and there a total of 18 in a 3 hour window. Two WDX brothers, WDX1863 & WDX917, three in Canada, nine others from the US, and four international contacts.

Yep, I heard the crazies out there and I just went to another frequency and forget about them. But reading some posts on here, it seems like they've definitely accomplished what they wanted. Just by acknowledging they exist, you're feeding them... I don't care for these people and sometimes it's hard not to interact with them or talk about them, but I have... even though I try not to. I find that ignoring them is best for me, and them.

Last edited:
Exactly, and don't believe most of the BS stories about how some Joe Blow or his drunk or druggie buddies tore down someones tower, antenna or other damage because most of those stories are just that stories.
i agree,and every time the story changes hands a few extra non truths are added in just like hobo stew toss more other foods in

Was out in the garage this morning getting my 4 wheeler and chain saws ready for a day of work so listened to 40 lsb to get away from 38 lsb BS and some idiot on there kept saying those who talk on lsb are gay over & over again until conditions changed and he faded away. On the trip to cut wood I listened to 16 lsb and heard lots of traffic but just couldn't reach out to anyone. It still was nice to hear a active radio without a lot of static.
i heard him.decided he was telling us he is gay

Well I do know there are at least 6-7 stations doing the 11111111111111 thing at various times and on various channels and all from different states, just a sign of the times and sun spot cycle.

I only hear one station doing it, and it's coming from Arizona. Also, have heard him talk on the radio, and he has a slight Spanish accent.

Well yesterday was a great DX day up here. Made contact with several WDX members in the morning on 16 LSB, took a break midday, and then ended with 4570 Tasmania, New Zealand and 2 Aussies in the early evening on 36 LSB.
I have to work this morning, but I may be able to get on the air again this afternoon.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.