• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 Meters is Awfully Quiet Today!

Local radio traffic always dies down in the summer around here....people are outside doing stuff.....i hear faint skip.....i am down to about one local radio conversation every 3-4 days.

It's been dead in central Mississippi since the 1st of the month. Did not hear any skip this morning. I listened for about 45 minutes.

Nothing in North Mississippi from 26.000 - 28.000 Mhz. Been that way for several days now with rare "openings" every now and then.

As posted before, low conditions on skip per say.

A index is a little high according to k7ra report, ( it is posted on this forum read it and see how the propagation reports are forecasted).

As posted before, low conditions on skip per say.

A index is a little high according to k7ra report, ( it is posted on this forum read it and see how the propagation reports are forecasted).

You may see some sporadic E layer propagation but not any f layer forecasted as per the report.

Summary?? Skip is sucking!!!!!

Barbados yesterday for about 5 minutes other than that very quiet . Ps this guy in Barbados is kind of a PIA he hears you an never shuts up until you make contact with him an then you can't get a word in edge wise ! Or is it just me ? lol:D

Conditions were good yesterday here around central Florida. It's awfully quiet today. Maybe good ground wave conditions will occur tonight when the noise floor quiets down some.

You think this is quiet just wait for this time next year!!! We are still getting openings into the west coast USA daily ,and east coast Aus is in for three or four hours a day as well as some Asia.Conditions will start to improve for a while over Summer( your winter) but the big quiet is still to come. SF is 115 today, maybe a better day.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.