• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 Meters is Awfully Quiet Today!

I might be in the minority here but I'm really enjoying the quietude. It's making local daytime communication possible.

And I am rather enjoying the fact that despite all the power, all the beams and everything else that the big boys have, mother nature has decided that they just aren't gonna talk for a while.

That said, it does pick up a bit around sundown but other than that it's dead quiet.

This AM @ 05:30 hrs I heard my police scanner picking up DX so I let the dog out turned on the radio an made contacts in Fla. an Tenn. on 38 LSB an made on contact on the Super Bowl with Tenn. , the usual Jabber Jaws were not awake yet ! Bing Bang Boom an I'm Back Quiet !lol :D

I heard Florida. New York, Missouri, etc. yesterday morning, but no one was able to hear me. Oh well, at least it wasn't quite. Hopefully July will be a better month than June.

It comes and goes, got some yesterday and then this morning was decent, all eastern states from FL to NY and west to MI. It started early!! Not sure what things are like right now as I am trouble shooting a sprint cell site. Can't get on the radio as we are very close to some main power lines. But anyway this morning was fun!!

Dare I say that solar cycle 24 is winding down? This is not just a transition into summertime sporadic E propagation. This is a steady decline in solar activity that is decreasing even more rapidly than the predictions indicate. I've noticed a consistent trend in the forecasts where the solar activity is lower than forecasted and is requiring regular updates to reflect the lower numbers as they happen. We are approaching the point in the solar cycle where years will pass without any good DX propagation on this band.

Reactions: 1 person
Personally I wish it would last but Mother Nature is an equal opportunity player here. You'll get several years of the peaceful SSB nets you like and then the skywave will return once again.

Just my luck, I guess. I was recently bitten by the skip-bug over the last several months only to have the solar cycle poo-poo all over my DX parade. Oh well, been looking for a new mobile rig and have been wanting to get into SSB anyway.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.