• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

12, 24, and 48 volts????

If that's not an urban legend, lol, that's funny.[/QUOTE

Not sure what your saying, Peakaboo used to build some of the best amplifiers around. He would also take Texas Star amps and re-work them with a regulated bias and probably tweek some other stuff in them.

They gotta be swamping the hell out of that input into the GS35B tube to allow use of a driver that puts out 250W PEP.

Insanity? Stupidity? :confused: You make the call.

~Cheers~

A lot of builders have already gone to the DEI pills. My buddy got a fatboy last week with DEI and a trucker friend got one also I think it was a Dave but I could be wrong.

30 dollars a pill vs 50 dollars a pill and charging the same price...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

In that one move the bipolar RF transistor market has been set back in time by about 25 years. The DIE transistors are more like a cross between a MRF454 and an MFR492. Not even as good as a real 2SC2290 in terms of voltage breakdown. Between the lack of any good bipolar transistors and the end of the solar skip cycle being right around the corner, this was probably the worst time to buy X Force and the best time to sell it.

Reactions: 1 person
In that one move the bipolar RF transistor market has been set back in time by about 25 years. The DIE transistors are more like a cross between a MRF454 and an MFR492. Not even as good as a real 2SC2290 in terms of voltage breakdown. Between the lack of any good bipolar transistors and the end of the solar skip cycle being right around the corner, this was probably the worst time to buy X Force and the best time to sell it.

I'm confused. Could you be a little more clear. Are you talking about the DEI power out put? I was under the impression that you suffer only a 10% loss with them. I am honestly curious you just lost me.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.