• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

148 gtl rx/tx led issue

IIRC, you said that previously on another thread. A thought? Keep it as is until you learn more and tackle it again. If that fails; wait for another day with different approach. Eventually, you will fix it. In the mean time, you are gaining experience and knowledge - which are more valuable than the radio itself and will pay dividends every time you troubleshoot . . . IMO . . .

Look at it another way: if you found the problem the first time around; how much less would you have gained except for just fixing the radio? I still have a few radios that I haven't been able to fix yet, just because my knowledge and experience just aren't up to it yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: LeapFrog
did you ever check why you did not have voltage going through the switch, if you have it at the switch it does not just stop there. either the switch is bad or you are not checking some thing right.

either the switch is bad or you have a bad short. why not jumper one of the out bound legs and see if the radio works. if the switch is bad it will jumper the power to the circuit to see if it works. just unusual that you have 3 legs for the power to feed and all 3 are dead., you have feed to AM, LSB, USB, and forgot the 4th PA. I do not know how many radios the switch just needs cleaning to make contact.

either the switch is bad or you have a bad short. why not jumper one of the out bound legs and see if the radio works. if the switch is bad it will jumper the power to the circuit to see if it works. just unusual that you have 3 legs for the power to feed and all 3 are dead., you have feed to AM, LSB, USB, and forgot the 4th PA. I do not know how many radios the switch just needs cleaning to make contact.
what exactly you want me to jump? heck ill take a chance its a parts radio maybe will come back fom the dead lol.

Clean the crap out of it with contact cleaner with the radio off - and slide it through all the positions several times. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat.

EDIT:
Be SURE that you spray the clean in from BEHIND the switch! NOT from the front panel, as that will do nothing/not work!

Last edited:
god, just jump the power wire at the switch so it would just bypass the switch. the one that is hot jump it to one of the other wires on the switch so it actually bypasses the switch. if you do AM mode put the switch in AM then take a wire from the power into the switch to the wire on the switch that is going to the main board. that is how you jumper a switch to see if it is bad.
do as Robb said clean it good then see if it has a connection from the power in feed to the out put side of the switch.

Last edited:
Reactions: Robb

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.