• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

40 amp or larger rocker switch

cbradiomagazine.com

2008 - 2014 / Pau Hana
Jan 3, 2007
So I wanted to use a rocker switch underneath my dash and I have plenty of 30 amp and 20 amp rocker switches but can't seem to find a nice looking 40 amp rocker switch online anywhere.

Anyone have any suggestions?

I hate big toggle switches especially in a vehicle. Just looking for a simple black rocker that's fairly flush, even a LED one would be fine, doesn't seem like they make them in 40 amp or larger versions or I'm looking in the wrong place.

Yeah - it's looking like either that or a toggle are the only options for 40+. Just didn't want to have to deal with finding a location for the relay and extra wires.

I'm sure you've already considered this, but why not use a relay?

You'll likely not find a "nice looking" 40A rocker switch...even a 40A relay won't be the norm.

DelCity has a pretty good selection of standard ice-cube relays, with some that are 70A IIRC? They may also have a rocker switch, but that's a lot of juice to be running through a switch under the dash.

You'll likely not find a "nice looking" 40A rocker switch...even a 40A relay won't be the norm.

Don't know why not. They're common size for automotive use. I can buy them from my local motor store, Amazon, Ebay, everywhere.

A 40a rocker switch? In all my travels I've never seen one for automotive applications. 20a yes, 40a no.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G730A using Tapatalk

I think finding a 40a rocker is not as easy as some of you suggest. RV dealers list some 40a peak switches, but only 20a continuous. Industrial supplies like McMaster Carr only show a max of 30a. Do I think there may be such a beast? Maybe, but you may have to beat some bushes.

DelCity has a pretty good selection of standard ice-cube relays, with some that are 70A IIRC? They may also have a rocker switch, but that's a lot of juice to be running through a switch under the dash.
I'm not sure if that was to me or you misquoted ....... I'm not looking for the switch :confused:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.