• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

A99/Max2000 Poll and Discussion

Solarcon A99/MAX 200 Antennas, what have/do you run?

• A-99

Votes: 26 28.6%
  • Max 2000

Votes: 31 34.1%
  • A-99 with a antenna tuner

Votes: 9 9.9%
  • Max 2000 with a antenna tuner

Votes: 11 12.1%
  • I have never used a Max2000 or a A_99

Votes: 14 15.4%

• Total voters
what is this .64 VSs 5/8ths they are almost the same thing, one is decimal and the other is a fraction

5/8th is actually .625 when converted to a decimal and the difference between .625 and .64 is nominal (less than an inch)

(unless my math teacher lied to me when i was in school)

the claims for adding 6 inches to a 5/8 are sometimes more impressive than claims for adding 6 inches in the bedroom :LOL:

I have both of them in use right now the Imax on the house and the A99 on my garage, the only reason the Imax works better is because it's up 40 feet higher so all BS aside I call it a draw. I want to get an Maco 5/8 if I ever have a wind broken antenna but that has not happened yet:tongue:

the imax is a 5/8 .625 not a .64. its 24 feet long. when you remove the foot of mounting aluminum and 6 inches for the match guts you have 22 1/2 feet of wire which is .625

Wow, I cannot believe people actually use DX contacts as a measure of any antenna's performance... conditions people, conditions, they vary every second. Don't be a r-tard and think that your antenna is no good because one day when you talked to Station X he said you were 9-20 and the next day you were 5-9... LMAO, unbelieveable.

I have used A99, Imax 2000, and Maco V5/8. All work well. Longest lasting antenna is the Maco, hand's down, it's alluminum, best talking antenna...... No way to tell, conditions change constantly, even for local talking..... However if I had to "guess" I would say the Imax 2000 out talks the Maco V5/8 and the A99 is behind there somewhere.... I currently use the Imax2000 with the GPK and at 30 feet above ground (to the feedpoint) it works great, I have no problem making any contacts, on 11M or 10M. My only complaint is that is sways like a wet noodle in the wind and I know it's just a matter of time before it comes slamming down to the ground in pieces... When it does, will likely put a Maco V5/8 back up in it's place, BUT may just buy another Imax and start over the waiting for it to break process again!

443 I'm with you I have the Imax with the gpk on the house, the bottom is about 55 feet from the ground, bought it used and have had it about 8 years now, yes it does bend like a noodle but hasn't broken off yet, have the A99 on the garage about 20 feet up, same deal about the bending just not as much. They both seem to work very well for what they are, nothing but a wire inside a piece of fiberglass. I have been eyeing the Maco 5/8 but really with all the great service I have gotten out of the Imax, when it does finally crack and fall I will probably replace it with the same thing only because it is so light, easy to handle and can install it by myself. If a tower is ever in my future a beam would go there with the Imax in another location for recieving

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.