• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

(Admin's\ Owner ) The amateur call sign section!

Status
Not open for further replies.

yama junk owna

Apr 5, 2005
I strongly disagree with this section, this forum has always been open to all members not just a special few (or a few that think their special). The only thing this kind of stuff does is drive more wedges between hams and cbers, the war is big enough without the forum hosting it!!!!!!

That's the place for hams to talk about CBers and still keep the peace out here.

its so we can arange contacts with each other and not have to hide behind handles, our call signs are out in the open but protected from the general public.

we dont talk bad about cbers or other hams. its just a place to hang out.

all you need to do is bring $14 to a testing session and pass your tnc test. a week later your callsign will be online and you can sign up and join us in there.

yama junk owna said:
I strongly disagree with this section, this forum has always been open to all members not just a special few (or a few that think their special). The only thing this kind of stuff does is drive more wedges between hams and cbers, the war is big enough without the forum hosting it!!!!!!

Why do you feel "The only thing this kind of stuff does is drive more wedges between hams and cbers".

I'm a CB'er and that particular section of the forum doesn't bother me in the least.

Unit 194 said:
yama junk owna said:

Why do you feel "The only thing this kind of stuff does is drive more wedges between hams and cbers".

I'm a CB'er and that particular section of the forum doesn't bother me in the least.

ya me either.... not missing anything probly just them saying hey im on blah blah freq lets talk about hte weather. LOL j/k

yama junk owna said:

And just what does this attitude do? It takes two sides to wage a war.I am on that forum and I can swear that there has not been a mention of CB'ers at all on there.There are reasons to be out of view to the general public as Carl has said. I am not ashamed of my callsign but it can lead to certain private info that is better left out of the view of certain people aka $hit disturbers.Not that I think CB'ers are like that but as you are all aware of there is a certain element that lurks and would like nothing better than to go on the ham bands with a pirated callsign from someone thay may have had a run in with here just to cause trouble.Also it is a way to set up scheds etc. without having to go in full public with callsigns.How am I supposed to know that is Mole calling CQ on 20m unless I know what his callsign is?No need to worry as I am sure it will not become like qrz.com as far attitude towards CB'ers are concerned after all almost ALL the members on the amateur callsign forum are CB'ers and Freebanders as well as hams.

I will have to side with Unit 194 & FL Native here too; I'm a CB'er and that particular section of the forum doesn't bother me in the least..

From what I have seen here, it appears that eveyone that is a Ham operator here on this forum has gotten along very well with us CBers and vise & verse. So I don't think they are going to use that section to talk about us behind our backs and I am sure the administrator's will not let that happen.

I'm not exactly sure why some would be offended by the HAM callsign chat section. If you want to get in and see what goes on that badly spend your $10-15 and maybe 1.5 hours out of a day and get your Technician license.

That's part of what's wrong with society these days, less and less people actually want to work for something they feel is important. Using that section is just like using HAM radio in general, in that it's not to be done without a license. It's a nice fairly secure area where nobody has to worry about offending eachother or having one's callsign associated with potentially less than legal activities. Not to mention some of the troublemakers we know are around might use the information for dubious purposes.

So if you're offended by that section, do something about it, get your ticket or don't worry about it. It's just an online forum dude, if you don't like it, just hit alt+F4 or the power button, or enter in a different URL.

the_sandman_454 said:
It's just an online forum dude, if you don't like it, just hit alt+F4 or the power button, or enter in a different URL.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

strictly cber and FBer here

i could care less if they have their own little section that we arent allowed in

in fact i can kinda understand why they want it to be a "members only" kind of thing <ducks to avoid people throwing things>

scott

The thing is most of the individuals if not everyone in there so far are also regulars on the open parts of these forums as well, although for that it seems they prefer to not spread the FCC callsign around too much in those sections. This way in there they can talk about legal topics, using their FCC callsign as their forum name, but out here they're a little seperated from that and the ramifications of it when they discuss dabbling in other parts of the radio hobby...

I was just being facetious with my last reply a little bit, and I'd hate to see anybody leave, but I think a little tolerance (on both sides) is what's needed to solve the CBer vs HAM thing going on in other places on the 'net and in real life.

And lastly I'm LMAO @ Bill re: the alt+F4 thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.