• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Alinco Dx10

I talked to Universal Radio. They are excited about this offering and expect the first shipment within 2-3 weeks. They said they have had strong interest from the CW community in recent inquiries. I always felt that the amateur community would be quick to embrace a decent 10 meter offering, but the factories can't let go of the BEEP BEEP BEEP and echo.

I mentioned the CW sidetone buffering issue on the other variants of this rig. They are going to test that as well and will report their findings on their website.

If the chief pounder at Universal gives his blessing, then I'll buy one.

And why keep the channel selector? Sorry it screams CB Alinco just dropped a notch in my book.

And why keep the channel selector? Sorry it screams CB Alinco just dropped a notch in my book.

Do you want to spend more money just to satisfy your VFO requirement?

At least Alinco is bringing something new on the market.

They just scored big points in my book. If this platform sells well, then what are they going to bring out next? What will the other 3 bring out to compete? Hooray for Alinco for having balls to venture back in the game.

When I was 13 and working the world on my re-crystalled CB's, would you poo poo on my parade?

Last edited:
Reactions: AudioShockwav
Not exactly...

But I'm waiting to see if certain performance and operational issues have been addressed by Alinco. If so, then it'd be better than the 8900.

Also, I can't tell from the picture, but does it show echo controls? Lol.

I can imagine the stink if it does.

Reactions: AudioShockwav
Do you want to spend more money just to satisfy your VFO requirement?

At least Alinco is bringing something new on the market.

They just scored big points in my book. If this platform sells well, then what are they going to bring out next? What will the other 3 bring out to compete? Hooray for Alinco for having balls to venture back in the game.

When I was 13 and working the world on my re-crystalled CB's, would you poo poo on my parade?
Alinco is bringing nothing to the market, its a cb... export or what ever you want to call it but it is no way aimed at the ham market. Sorry Alinco just made themselves look stupid. Surprised it does not say "Thunderbolt" on it.. or even "Turbo" and we know put turbo on somthng and it will sell.

yup about as good as this:

Attachments

• Kewood_TH9000.jpg
    Kewood_TH9000.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 419

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.