• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

AMATUER CHAT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KI4MSJ

Jun 4, 2006
Staunton, Virginia
What happened to the amatuer chat room, I hope you didn't get rid of it because the people that weren't licensed were complaining. Why shouldn't we have our own room. I have been a member for quite awhile now and like having a room where HAMS can chat considering the whole site is dedicated to freebanders and CB operaters. Bring it back. KI4MSJ

I think it's still there? At least I can still see it, although maybe that's just because I'm an admin... Let me know...

nope its not there but maybe you have to be a member of that room to see it ??? kind like that other thread that use to be at the bottom of the page. "shrugs"

that would be a good way to do it put a sticky in the ham radio section and ham contacts section. and say if you want to see the ham chat sign up by contacting blah blah.

something like that.

THAT SUCKS BIGTIME!!

A few folks whinning about some people that they feel might be talking about them behind their backs. :roll: Grow up.Anybody can talk about anybody else in PM,emails etc.Why not eliminate PM's as well? Funny how some of the people doing the whinning are the same people that seem to have a problem with some people on this forum SIMPLY BECAUSE THEY ARE HAMS and have a crappy attitude towards them regardless of anything else. No other reason.Nobody seemed to have a problem with The "Other" Forum even when it became a cesspool.Bottom line as I see it is trust the admins to police the forum and above all..........GROW UP!! :x

I logged out and back in again with my callsign and it was still gone.I even refreashed the pages.It's back now.Somebody is playing with the forum software. :?

QRN said:
Funny how some of the people doing the whinning are the same people that seem to have a problem with some people on this forum SIMPLY BECAUSE THEY ARE HAMS and have a crappy attitude towards them regardless of anything else. No other reason...........GROW UP!! :x

Huh?

I like ham, I like green eggs and ham. Mmmmm ham!

I was just pushing buttons...I don't care either way. If it makes some happy and some upset. Oh well, you can't please everyone all the time.

yo

QRN said:
THAT SUCKS BIGTIME!!

A few folks whinning about some people that they feel might be talking about them behind their backs. :roll: Grow up.Anybody can talk about anybody else in PM,emails etc.Why not eliminate PM's as well? Funny how some of the people doing the whinning are the same people that seem to have a problem with some people on this forum SIMPLY BECAUSE THEY ARE HAMS and have a crappy attitude towards them regardless of anything else. No other reason.Nobody seemed to have a problem with The "Other" Forum even when it became a cesspool.Bottom line as I see it is trust the admins to police the forum and above all..........GROW UP!! :x

Why can't we all get along???

Remember the old adage "Live and Let Live"............

[quote="Unit 194Why can't we all get along???

Remember the old adage "Live and Let Live"............[/quote]

That is exactly my point.This CB'er/ham war is nothing short of stupid on both sides.On one hand you have some CB'ers saying they would never want to be a ham operator because of the snobby attitudes they have.Hey it is an individual thing and there are snobs EVERYWHERE in ALL hobbies.On the other hand you have some hams that would never be caught dead on CB radio and think all CB'ers are inbred idiots.Neither side is really correct.Like 194 said above,why can't we all get along and just live and let live. :roll:

I for one started in the 70's as a CBer and moved on to "Free-Banding" in the 80's and up till Dec. 05 was still a Free-Bander. I got my Tech. license now but have no hard feelings towards CB or other forms of communication. As far as I'm concerned if it weren't for CB I would not be a HAM today. It's all good.

the ham/cb debate kinda reminds me of the recent firring of
star jones of ''the veiw''..who cares ? lol....

AMATEUR RADIO CALL SIGN CHAT

SAW THE TITLE A FEW WEEKS AGO AND GOT ALL WORKED UP ABOUT JOINING THE GROUP.. HAVEN'T SOLVED THE PROCEDURE TO JOIN -BUT I HAVEN'T FOUND THE CHAT ROOM SINCE EITHER.. SKINNYDIPPER AB0CA

The chat has been taken off due to, I think ,the people who weren't licensed complaining about not having access and feeling like we were talking about CB'rs and Free-Banders. It's ashame I enjoyed having the room myself. I could be wrong on my opinion, if so someone please correct me.

I can't begin to tell you why they (the admins) pulled it. I really did not mind and had no problem with it until another private room opened. It was then that I pointed out how child like it was to want to stand in the corner and whisper. Weather you talked about some one or not , it just seems like you are talking about others or thats the feeling lots of people get. There is an amateur section where those topics could be discussed. If you wanted to convert CBers you would want them to see how you act and discuss things, keeping it hidden only causes worry. Tell me this why do you think you(hams) need a private room. Should the Tech section only be for educated techs and not self taught. Or only for licensed techs. What could we all learn then. There are places for just hams and just techs and so on. But here is a community of people sharing with each other. What is wrong with that. Any way hope everyone can get along and keep sharing the info...

After all we are just peeps....

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.