• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

AMATUER CHAT?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a CB'er and I had no problem whatsoever with the chat room. Maybe it's demise wasn't because of people complaining about it, but maybe it was for other unknown reasons.

As I have stated in many of my post previously I started out as a 40 channel CB'r and moved on to SSB Export radios, namely President Lincolns as a Free-Bander. In December of 04 I decided to go for my Tech. license. I have been wanting to get my license for 20 years and finally did. If it weren't for CB I wouldn't have had the inclination to get my ticket. Thanks to CB of all kinds. As far as the room goes, I don't have a problem with it one way or the other. I don't think it should have been created in the first place if it wasn't going to be kept. I also don't think it should have been voted on, with the majority of the votes to keep it and then take it away. You just don't give someone something and then take it away with out people complaining. Anyway, enough said.

the simple reason for the general public not being alowed in was for the security of the amatures in there. identity theft is a real problem, we had to use our call signs and by law the fcc has our real names and adresses available for lookup. we cant fake any of our info, the fcc will revoke your licence for that. it had nothing to do with the people on the forum, it was for our protection against the name harvesters that search random sites collecting and selling personal info.

if we were able to sign up using a handle or fake name anyone could have been allowed in, but we were required to use our call sign and email address listed with the fcc, for the safty of every amature it was checked before we were allowed in. im not sure about you but i dont want my name, address, county, zip code, citys gps location, area code, and personal email adress posted for every one in the world to see regardless if they were a cb'er or not.

Let me get this straight. You need a private forum so as to protect your id. Yet when you transmit on the amateur bands you use your call , that can be looked up, and could be picked up by any one. Good one...

This is a no issue isnt it? I mean is the section there? Why bicker over a non issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.