• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

amp recommendation for S45HP

dxing440

Apr 10, 2011
I have an 06 ram 2500 (diesel = 2batteries already) The radio is an Omegaforce S45HP and love it. Antenna is Wilson 5000 mag.
Variable dk1-15 and swings 70-80wPEP.
The altenator supplies 14.6v What amp could i run with this radio, with having 2 batteries already?

texas star sweet 16 and put fans on it . you'll have a pretty clean kilowatt PEP and add almost 2 s-units to your signal .

A local several years ago ran your radio with a TnT 600 from X-Force. He was getting 700 ish watts and sounded great. There is also a TnT 1000 that would be good as well.

I am partial to the tx stars because of efficeincy of amps drawn, but i guess with my trucks setup (160amp alt and 2 batts) the tnt wouldnt be a problem.
I know the ts sweet 16can handle more watts than the s45hp has, (85w) BUT would a rci2970n2, (240w) be to much for the ts sweet 16?

Cool thx for the help! Ill Look at the tnt. I liked TS for the SSB, BUT come to think of HECK Ive never done SSb in the vehicle, its to much of a hassle.

dxChat
Help Users
  • @ BJ radionut:
    I am beginning the packing process...XENIA bound Going "Lite": this year....2 items for sale...Rig #1 = FT-920/Gud to Ex condition/Hand Mike/pwr cord/manual (NO BOX) ... #2 = My 1 owner FT-950....EX condition...Original Shipping Double Box/Factory Manual/Never used hand mike...Booths 9107-9111...Ya'al come by say hello...
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Incoming Region Produces X3 Solar Flare
    May 15, 2024 @ 14:55 UTC
    Another major solar flare, but this time from an active region just beginning to turn into view off the east limb. It is possible that the group responsible is old AR 3654 from the previous rotation. The latest flare, an X2.99 event just peaked at 14:38 UTC (May 15). Stay tuned
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Everything is El Dead-o. Joy!
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Please advise me to what is a good replacement mic for my SR-497HPC... Answer: 497 is "wired like Cobra", so many choices available. That radio does not need a power mic, so purchase a stock "coffin style" mic with a decent cord, like the ones that Astatic uses. The Superstar DM-507 is my go-to. https://www.ebay.com/itm/3050474478...adANq91JSiEEnz8EGqPJRBloTgEyaVsBoCtoMQAvD_BwE $12.99 + .99 cent shipping.