• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

amp recommendation for S45HP

dxing440

Apr 10, 2011
I have an 06 ram 2500 (diesel = 2batteries already) The radio is an Omegaforce S45HP and love it. Antenna is Wilson 5000 mag.
Variable dk1-15 and swings 70-80wPEP.
The altenator supplies 14.6v What amp could i run with this radio, with having 2 batteries already?

texas star sweet 16 and put fans on it . you'll have a pretty clean kilowatt PEP and add almost 2 s-units to your signal .

A local several years ago ran your radio with a TnT 600 from X-Force. He was getting 700 ish watts and sounded great. There is also a TnT 1000 that would be good as well.

I am partial to the tx stars because of efficeincy of amps drawn, but i guess with my trucks setup (160amp alt and 2 batts) the tnt wouldnt be a problem.
I know the ts sweet 16can handle more watts than the s45hp has, (85w) BUT would a rci2970n2, (240w) be to much for the ts sweet 16?

Cool thx for the help! Ill Look at the tnt. I liked TS for the SSB, BUT come to think of HECK Ive never done SSb in the vehicle, its to much of a hassle.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.